Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,923 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yet another shop closed , tall tails in alliance closed. good luck to the hole crew I never had one problem there over the yrs ,great count on minnies and the worms were fresh, thanks guys gals for all your service. I. LL MISS YOU> jim

·
Registered
412 Posts
Yea I heard they were closing is it this week ? I"ll have to git up & see if there is any deals goin on! And like the others said THANK YOU FUR all your services that you ALL did FUR us fishermen ! Tall Tales will be missed by all of us !!!!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Wow.. Loved this place. Always super nice and Id stop in on sundays and chat with one of the girls (good luck with college by the way) she's a cutie. All good people here tho. Def will be missed!

Sent from my DROID RAZR

·
Registered
2,303 Posts
As a former bait shop owner myself I understand it is a tough trail to eke out a living. Seems like you put out your money by the barrel full and it comes back in tea spoons at a time.

Running a retail bait shop there is just so much that can go wrong. Weather is a major culprit that can heavily affect the bottom line on profit. Business plans are so hard to keep to as each year can vary greatly.

Regardless of the hours customers will complain that you don't open early and close too early. Evidently bait shop owners are the only humans that should never sleep. The VAST majority of bait shop customers are considerate and actually a joy to service. But about 5 % or even less make you wonder why you even try.

People that ask my advice about starting one get told this way

First off I wouldn't do it. Invest your money in wine women and song at least you will have a good time to show for it.

If you decide to do it anyway start developing a real thick skin. Because that 5 % I mentioned will really shoot your day down the tubes.

Lastly I know of no bait shop owners that live in mansions and drive expensive cars. That should tell you something right there.

Watching how many have went out in just the last few years. We might be looking at an endangered species in the near future.

If you have a good one in your area. Treat them like a treasured resource as the fishing you save could be your own.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts