Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody know of a bait shop around Findlay that sells minnows? Went to P&A bait shop the other day and the lady said the recent power outage wiped out her minnows and she doesn't know if she will be getting more in because she doesn't sell enough. Would like to find something without having to go out of my way to go to Van Buren

·
Registered
11 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Thanks guys!...never knew that place was there....checked it out today...pretty nice little bait shop....2.50 is a little more than the 1.90 I was paying for a dozen minnows to the little old lady at P&A but I can't complain.. looks like I finally found a reliable place to get minnows...seems like its getting harder and harder to come by places that carry them anymore around Findlay

·
Registered
56 Posts
Anyone have a name on this place or know the hours? I'm thinking about heading down in the morning from BG to try the Findlay reservoirs.

·
Registered
56 Posts
Howies is open from 6a-6p and the employee there told me that he lives behind the shop and to feel free to come around and knock if I need anything outside those hours. Nice friendly little bait shop.

I spent 13 hours on Findlay 2 Wednesday. Best catch was a 24 in Channel Cat. Caught 3 walleye on nightcrawlers (but they wouldn't hit minnows). Caught a few small striped bass as well as a few other cats. It was an enjoyable day overall, I'll be back soon.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts