close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

BAIT Mid-Buckeye - Sandusky Open

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by BrianC, Aug 2, 2007.

1. BrianC

BrianC Bass Angling Guru

I'm sure Jerry will be posting all the results soon and I'm not usually one to post pictures, but thought I would share this photo of my partner and myself from the BAIT Mid-Buckeye Sandusky Bay open Sunday as an illustration of what Lake Erie has to offer. It got pretty rough and we got a little wet but we managed to get to them (and back). The two bigger ones are both close to 5.5.

Would love to say it was good for a win but to be the man you got to beat the man, so we happily took home a close second to a relatively obscure local by the name of Steve Clapper. Hats off to him, a great angler and a true class act.

Great job to the BAIT guys for a smooth event and what more can you say about Lake Erie.

Attached Files:

2. fishingredhawk

fishingredhawk Ohio Hawg Hunter

Wow, nice job Brian! Wish I could have made it. Nice looking smallies.

3. You guys are making me want to make a trip up there......LOL I have one more weeks vacation.. Just might have to make a trip up there.

Nice fish Brian....

GarryS

4. Marshall

Marshall Catch Photo And Release

Nice job Brian and Mike. It must of been a pleasure to fish against Steve Clapper. I would have loved to been there. Of course you made a good run but after the stren series Clapper was tough to beat but looks like you gave him a run for his money. Congrats. Sure looks like you had a ton of fun.

5. Fish4Fun

Fish4Fun Relaxing.

Great job guys and there was alot of great fish caught. I have been swamped with work and some issues at the house since i got back from erie. I am hoping to have all the results up tomorrow and as soon as i find my camera post all the pics.

I do want to thank all the teams that came up over the long weekend and it was a great time.

There was some competition out there thats for sure and it was great to see you all.

Great to see you as well Glenn Delong and good luck with the elite what a day.

6. liquidsoap

liquidsoap Pay-it-foward fisherman

Nice job guys!
    It was a real fun weekend to be out.

7. BrianC

BrianC Bass Angling Guru

Thanks guys. Everytime I go I come back with "erie on the brain". Already thinking about when I can get back. The largie fishing is awesome up there too. There were a couple good bags of those brought in that I saw and the one missing from our picture was a nice 3+green bass as well. As far as a combination of numbers and quality I don't know if there is a better location in the state for largemouth than the rivers, bays and harbors off Erie.

Marshall you are right. And Clapper is the nicest guy. I have seen him around BFLs and stuff in the past but this was the first time I had a chance to talk to him.

Maybe Phil should have the wildcard up there (since we cant talk him into Muskingum)!

8. Wow guys great job! I really wanted to fish that one but I was in Canada fishing all week :)

See you at Delaware Brian!