Bait Deals

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by Mushijobah, Aug 12, 2008.

1. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Hey guys.

Do any of you guys have any good suggestions for places to purchase either corn or mineral blocks in Central Ohio? I know of one place, my other place closed. The place I know about is way out of the way.

Thanks!

2. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

as far as mineral blocks go tractor supply usually stocks them.for corn i'd try just about any feed store.

3. I go to the elevator and get shucked corn. Last year I was getting it for 3.75 a 50# bag I think. Its alot cheaper than buying it at TSC. I went through almost 2000# last year.

4. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

kyle, i get mine a the johnstown mill

5. If you want the best price go to the closest elevator and buy shelled corn. When you buy 500 lbs or more at a time you will get a better price. Prices are now over $100 per thousand pounds.

6. And you can get mineral blocks at the elevator also.

7. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Sorry for being nieve but where is a elevator close to East Columbus? There is one giant one on 70, but I'm guessing you guys are refering to the small ones in most little farming communities. Do you have to bring your own bags? If anyone could list a little farming town or a location on the east side or east/south east of columbus I'de be thrilled.

Thanks!

8. you need feed sacks, if you don't have any you can get them at the elevator for around 50 cents. I don't know about elevators in columbus. Champagne landmark on 161 in Plain City isn't too far away. Look at yellowpages.com.

9. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

kyle, go to the johnstown mill

10. Mushijobah

Mushijobah Urban Angler

Ok I'll try there. Are you doing the NA hunt?