close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

bait aerator

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by ohiou_98, Jul 30, 2007.

1. Last night while at wal-mart I was studying three different types of aerators, scratching my head wondering the differences. So, I held off the purchase and decided to ask here first. The first aerator was a yellow box about 4" tall 2" wide, it cost $6 and some change. The second aerator was all sold out, but, it was called the "deluxe aerator", it cost around $9. The third aerator was at a different location (it was with the boat supplies) it is a white box and called "minnow aerator" (I think?) it has a picture of little fish w/ bubbles on it. ($6) The thing about the white aerator it actually states that it will run for 33 1/2 hours, and will oxygenate up to 7 1/2 gallons. (The other two didn't have this info. listed on the box)

So, which of the three is the best? Any suggestions?

2. ParmaBass

ParmaBass Kiss The Converse

Depends on how big your bait container is. Average size bait container holds around 2 gallons. I think my bait container is 7 quarts, I have a medium sized aerator that runs on 2 D batteries and it works just fine. I've had it on for probably close to 20 hours and the batteries are still going strong.

3. if they are the "bubble" type areators (ones that have a tube and make bubbles.... which are best IMO) they are all the same using the same style motors and pump, unless it has a compartment for another battery or has two motors/pumps.

4. This is the same setup that I bought years ago. They carry them at Gander Mountain also (or at least used to). I have 2 of the "bubble box" aerators and have had no real problems with them. They will aerate a 5 gallon bucket pretty well (I only fill it about 3/4 full due to weight and don't want the bait jumping out)! IMO for 6 - 7 $, you can't go wrong. They will run quite some time on 2 D batteries although I have never actually timed them.

5. Micro_Mini_Angler

Micro_Mini_Angler live-2-fish

lol, i just use an old one from a fish tank i used to have! it is a plugin but it works for keeping them overnight and stuff.

6. look under www. marinemetal.com they have several models. i have the big bubbles model and it will run over 80 hrs. on 2 D alkalines. i bought 2 @ Wal-mart on sale for 19.95 ea. kinda pricey but well worth it IMO.

7. bmffishing247

bmffishing247 Fishing Is Life!

I run the minnow aerator. I got this one from wal-mart 2 years ago and it will has the same C batts in it i was using 2 years ago. Works great and It keeps my minnys alive all day.

8. same here.

sometimes, when fishing, the hum of that bubbler gets on the nerves so we turn it off for 20 mins for some peace & quiet. then, when half the minnies are belly-up we kick the bubller back on and in a few mins they're all swimming again. minnow resurrection! yeah, it's a little creepy. :eek:

...and after they thank me a pick 'em up and stick a hook in 'em :)