close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bagged a 5 Point tonight

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by "J", Nov 13, 2004.

1. "J"

"J"

Went down to Jefferson county and finally scored, I've seen this buck a few times but never offered me a shot, saw him wed. he was following two does and I passed on them and waited for him to come by but he was going by to fast and didn't offer me a good shot, well I hope he got lucky that night because he slowed down tonight at 20 yards and I made a good double lung shot and he went about a hundred yards and dropped on a atv trail, shot him at 4:10 and was eating dinner at 7:30 and he was hanging in the garage skinned out and all cleaned up, man this is what I call a good day. He wasn't a wall hanger but he'll eat good, he was a 2.5 year old and would of been a 6 point but broke off his right brow tine, he taped out at 165 lbs live weight. Now my Son has to connect on one during the youth gun hunt coming up next week, we've been seeing allot of deer just not the monsters that some people see, but it's still allot of fun and I still get as excited as when I shot my first deer. And that's what it's all about. Hope everyone has good luck this season. "J"

2. J you decided not to hang it in the front yard this year?:)

Scott

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Good for you "J". Glad to see you filled your tag. Let hope your son beats you during the youth hunt.

4. "J"

"J"

Thanks Dale, Last year was his first year out and he got a shot at a doe, but he seems to think it jumped the slug lol. Well that was his excuse anyway (doe fever), but he's pumped up for next weekend and we've been scouting allot so the good Lord willing we'll have a full freezer.

5. lureboy98

lureboy98 Livin' the Lifestyle

J i know what you mean about seeing a lot of deer but not the monsters that everyone sees. Yesterday was the first day I've seen a deer over 6 points all year and i've only had shots at small 4 points.

6. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Nothing better than getting a buck with a bow..Hope your son does well!