close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Badmouthing people

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by getinjiggy, Jun 18, 2004.

1. Ok I realy need to vent on this, cause Im about to just explode. About 2 years ago I ventured into making my own plastics, from advise of a bait shop dealer in my area. I got many ideas from tons of people on how to make my own molds as well. I decided on my own style of tail, made the mold out of bars of aluminum, both large and small. Ok the word got out about the tails cause they were realy good on our water around this area. I sold to two baitshops in my area, under the condition there was to be no tails made during the crappie bite in the early season, and to keep the tax man out. Remember Im doing this as a hobby, not to make a ton of money. There is one bait shop locally that mustve misundersood me when I asked not during the season of fishing. The other shop locally had been getting them all winter, so when I tell him Im not doing them during crappie season he decides hes turning every one in for selling without a vendors permit. Well he is just as guilt for buying from us but thats not my point, my point is, if your a buisness man (or woman) why would you run around and badmouth people who buy and sell your product? Im done with this man.... Glenn

2. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Can't really comment since I'm not a businessman :D

But......kind of curious to actually see the design of one of those tails. I have a water up here that holds 19" black crappies......and our tactics used to tear the crap out of them. Now we cannot even find a single one. They are in there.....I guarantee that. Shoot me a PM. I might be able to hook you up with some slab water to try them in to see if they can pop some of them.

3. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

If you asked them not to do so and they did it anyway they would be done with the pattern. Just my opinion. :mad:

4. catking

catking Banned

I've seen getinjiggy's plastics, and they are very nice!! Sorry about your problems with this apparent troubled man............. THE CATKING !!!

5. My best advice would be to quit letting him dictate how you do business, and just get the vendors license. Then you could schedule a reprieve during Crappie season, and sell to whomever you wanted (which means not him) and have no restrictions or repercussions. Heck I can do your sales taxes for you if you want (the wife can actually, she is an accountant) For a small business with nearly no overhead, the taxes are simple. Just because you get a vendors license doesn't mean you have to increase business. Just raise the price of your product by 8%-10% to cover tax and paperwork and only make the amount you want to make.
    Hope it works out for you, a really good soft bait idea down the tubes due to someones poor attitude would suck.
    Huntinbull

6. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

tpet..i can show you some of them.. :)
    glenn..i caught something on it buddy.. :D just don't quit makin it man..i know of at least 2 people who loves it.. :)

7. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

I'd like to see them, CL, bring some to the outing, please. if you have room along with all your corn!

8. Serveral years ago I was selling tackle to bait shops in the area unless the laws have changed If you sell wholesale to the tackleshops you dont need a vendors license. But its another story I guess when you start selling retail then that when the tax comes into the mess. My accountant set up a small buisness for my tax returns and I've never had any problems You would be suprised with what you can write off without having to deal with the vendors license and sales tax.
    Check with a accoutant it'll be worth it.
    Geowol

9. gonefishin'

gonefishin' Lifestyle Farmer

You only need the vendors license for sales tax. If you sell to these guys get a tax exempt form from them. Remember, there are ignorant people everywhere and some of them happen to be morons too!

10. Well it all started when I made my first few. Well they started catching fish. Alot of fish. He wanted to be the only person selling them on the lake. Well I think hes just got a burr up there cause alot of people have them. I cant keep making this many. Theres no money in making them it was only going to be a hobby.Oh well as far as doing tax thing I have it worked out with the other shop to where he buys my materials and we just trade for other items in his store for the labor. Im not worried of an audit cause Im not selling them! lol Thanks for the nice comments on the tails guys! Glenn