close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

bad week already..

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by crappielooker, Jul 12, 2004.

1. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

after returning from fishing this weekend at buckeye lake, i noticed the ceiling tile that covered the hole to the attic had been moved to the side..i know i did not do it..the attic is also connect to 3 other apartments in my building..i haven't told my landlord yet..nothing was taken, thus far..
    i'm thinking about just getting outta here..
    as if that wasn't enough..on my way back from marion today, i got a ticket for speeding...doing 62 in a 55 zone..
    what next????? :confused:

2. Chuck P.

Chuck P. Here We Go Steelers

If you think someone was in your place, go get a bear trap and set it under the hole to the attic.

My brother in law was having trouble with people getting into his garage, so he did this. Got up one morning and checked the garage. He found the trap set off, a bloody tennis shoe and a blood path going back out.

That's the last time anyone broke in that garage. ;)

3. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Tell your landlord ASAP. Also screw the plywood down. And put another one inside your apt. That way if they removed the top one there will be one inside. Steel mash also works good.

4. Hey AK, place a half-full and open, rusty can of corn underneath the tile. You may not catch them, but when that tetanus sets in, they'll be sorry.

Seriously, whatever you do, be careful. Too many knuckleheads in this world, you know?

5. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

put some fishing line under it with a bunch of treble hooks and see how many he gets himself caught in.

6. are you formilar with Batavia area? Saw an apt. for rent with Little Miami in back yard. Don't know how much. Let me know if your interested. I'de get you the number. Lots of carp. just below Batavia Dam in city of Batavia. Also sending you a link for cheap wireless cameras. http://www.x10.com/home/offer.cgi?!TTAB11,../x10redesignab11.htm
    hope you catch the low life.

7. sounds like u came home while they where in your house or they would have plced the cover back i would go ahead and call the police may help if u tell the land loard and he does nothing to prevent this from happening agian

8. "DON'T" set any traps as you will then become responsible for any injuries that accur!!! Its the law... Like it or not... Cal the police and landlord ASAP

9. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Yep.......just like shooting someone in self defense....you can still have your rear sued off.

10. Miso_Ohio

Miso_Ohio Green Eggs And Ham

I think you may be able to get away with it in Texas though. If only you lived in Texas, like maybe Austin ;)

I had a similar problem once, but it was with an attic door, I went out and bought a latch for it and deducted it from my rent. I also paid the neighbor a visit while I was drunk one night but I don't recommend that one. Definitely contact the landlord and see what he does, he could at least seal that entrance for you with some sort of swinging board and a latch or something.

11. Go to the dollar store and pick up a container of glitter. Put it on the ceiling tile in the attic. Be able to track him right to his apartment.
    A well meaning relative gave my 3 year old daughter a container, couldn't get the stuff off for a month.
    Good luck.

12. Dude that sucks. THe place where we are has a 1 bedroom for 425 month. Let me know if you want details.

13. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

Exploding dye packs. When he raises the panel, have them explode. Can't miss red or green dye that cannot be washed off the skin ;)

14. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

thanks everyone..at this point i'm still not sure what to do..i will tell my landlord about it..since his girlfriend lives next door to me now..
    again..thanks a bunch..i would rather move away from here anyways..just dont feel too good about living here anymore..

15. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

Crappielooker

That sounds pretty crummy to me.

I was just wondering what the legal experts think would happen if you had a german shepard or other large dog in your apartment and it bit an intruder.

Is the homeowner responsible or does the trespasser have to sue the dog?

My theory is that someone knows the layout to your apartment building well enough to find his way through your attic.

I also figure they weren't after rod pods or boilies and were disappointed after surveying your digs.

Did the officers responding to your complaint offer any (useful) suggestions regarding your home security?

16. JV1

JV1

Brother Crappielooker, true story here, I knew a girl who lived in an apt, she kept complaining how she thought someone was raiding her fridge, i thought she was crazy, i had an idea, i brought a logitech web cam (cheapo) and the software that included a motion sensor camera, i set it up on her computer desk and set the sensor on, i then turned the moniter off as to look as pc is off. After returning from a trip to baltimore to her suprise her chubby little landlord helped her self to some meatloaf then washed her dish. i still have the motion sensor set up in the back window to catch the deers when im not looking. just an idea