Bad weather or not heading to Alum Wednesday Thursday

Discussion in 'Central Ohio Fishing Reports' started by MikedaMan, Nov 9, 2008.

1. How do you think this coming weather front is going to effect the fish ? I can't wait to get out there on the old kayak on my days off. Pop hooked me up with a bunch of Erie Dieries, Rattle traps, and of course Vibes. I know people say don't throw the Erie Dieries but I've got to try them out since Pop has a bussel basket of them. One way or another I'm gonna find a good way to fish Alumn. I like jigging from the yak, probably the easiest and most common sense way of fishing off that kind of boat so basically I'm going to throw a bunch of stuff out there to see what if anything will work.

2. Clayton

Clayton Fly guy

Well, yesterday alum was about as fish-dry as a popcorn fart, for me. We've thrown Erie Dearies; they produce channel cats regularly, but that's about all :p Try jigging the vibees, but we didn't have any luck that way either... go deep water. The fish just aren't shallow, or they weren't for us. 16-20' seemed ideal water depth, at least on the sonar. And fish little tiny stuff to try to get the perch bite on :D lol