close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bad News

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by elyfishingmaster, Aug 5, 2008.

1. elyfishingmaster

elyfishingmaster Junior member

i just found out that my dad has an irregular heart beat and so they are going to but him on blood thinners and then in a couple weeks try to shock his heart and they said if that didnt work they were going to try surgery i guess i will be back in ohio soon

2. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

Don't think all is gloom and doom.

Had that happen to my father-in-law last year. After a couple of years of blood thinners he had to get cataract surgery. Took him off the blood thinners and had a stroke 1 day later. They said his irregular heartbeat caused the clot to break off which then caused the stroke.
    They finally did the electrical shock thing and he and his heart is back to normal.

3. elyfishingmaster

elyfishingmaster Junior member

yea i hope it works out that way he is one of the stongest people that i know

4. Been through all that at the Cleveland Clinic. With todays procedures, things like that are a lot simpler. Hope and pray things go well as they did for me.

5. Will keep pulling for you and him. Some in my family have gone thru similar things in the last yr and all are doing well. Good luck.

6. Dad is in our prayers....