Bad news and Good news

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by shroomhunter, Jan 22, 2009.

1. shroomhunter

shroomhunter USMC 1979-1983

I received a call on Tuesday from my new boss informing me that my position with my company had been eliminated...However, if I was willing to relocate I could have an even better position with my company.

Unfortunately I have to leave Ohio behind, my new state of residence will soon be Michigan. At least I'll still be close to my family and for a guy that loves to fish and hunt morels as much as I do I couldn't go to a better area. They claim here that anywhere you are at in Michigan you are within 6 miles of public fishing waters. Of course Michigan is the Morel mushroom capitol of the entire planet so I should fit in well here.

Now to find a new home and get my current residence ready to sell or rent whichever works out in my best interest. Man have I got alot of work ahead of me the next couple of months despite the fact that I will be traveling many miles. Thank the Lord I have a very devoted and hard working wife!!

And to answer the next obvious question....GO Bucks!!!!

GPS coordinates to all my Ohio morel hotspots are now up for bids and man do I have a bunch!!!!

2. PapawSmith

PapawSmith Bud n Burgers

I say DON'T rent unless you aren't able to sell and you have someone close to manage the property for you. Renting is the biggest headache in the world second only to an ex-wife.
    Absolute best of luck in your new venture. Michigan is an outdoorsman's paradise. And yes, no matter where you are you are always 15 minutes from fishable waters. :) What part of Michigan will you be relocating to? I grew up there (loooong ago) and still vacation there often. Hopefully you'll be a good distance from Ann Arbor.:mad:

3. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Best of luck to you...I hope it all works great.
    You will have plenty of new lakes to explore.

4. jeffmo

jeffmo officially unofficial!!!!

but think of all of those 'shrooms you'll be finding!!!!!

5. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Oh yeah................morel hotspots. Pick me! Pick Me!!!!!!

:D :D :D :D :D

Best of luck in that state up north.

6. shroomhunter

We haven't decided on a specific area yet but it needs to be the South Central area of the state.

I don't want to rent out our current home but if I have to I will. I have a neighbor that is a great handyman with everything and he has offered his services if we do rent it.

7. shroomhunter

I have spots that I get bagfulls of them year after year. I know my shroomin' buddy is gonna be prying me for info.

8. good luck..If you ever get the fever for AEP let me know. Wish we could of hooked up last year. If your heading down let me know and maybe I can work on a place to stay for you.

9. man that is bad news,,,,I lose a fishing buddy

good news,,,,,more eyes & shrooms for me !!!!!

Just kidding Jeff,you'll be missed,best wishes to you and your family.If I can help you with anything I am a phone call away.Also I bid a 16OZ ribeye dinner with all the fixins before you leave for those GPS settings.

10. misfit

misfit MOD SQUAD

hate to hear that,but ya gotta do what ya gotta do to survive nowadays,with the job market.good luck in the new place and with selling the old one.tough time to be selling,but maybe you'll get lucky.my nephew moved to tenn. last year,and finally had to renthis home here cause he couldn't find a buyer,even though he priced it to sell.my son has been renting his other house out for two years for the same reason.

11. Best of luck in the state up north!

12. Well if you have to move i guess Michigan is the place for you with as you mentioned everything you want as far as Mushrooms and fish!!! Make sure if i do not get your mushroom spots at least that lure you been telling me about. Hope all goes well. :)

13. Man Jeff I just met you and im gonna miss ya. I wish you the best of luck in all of your adventures, other then when I seen you at The Pizza Cottage for the Misfit Open Dinner I dont think i have ever seen you in the light, so if i bump into you and dont recognize you, you will still be missed.

14. Sorry to hear you must leave, you will be missed. I hope you stay on the site. Maybe you could put together an OGF tourny in that state up north.

15. I will bid a $100 but you have to come down and show me how to find them, I will put you up and pay expences of you travel. Then I will will drive on my dime and you can have the mjushrooms we find, I love them and can't find them I need your help. If I am out bit PM me I might go higher.

16. BigChessie

BigChessie BIG PIMPIN' "GIGELO"

I would be more than happy enough to lock down all of your old spots for you. Since I am retired now, that would allow me plenty of time to assure you that I will make sure not a single person bothers any of your areas. I will patrol them sun up to sun down and gar-reen-tee to care for them all as if they were my very own. You may rest easy and sleep well with me on the job Sir!;)

17. Too bad you have to leave Ohio but it is good to see that we Bucks were able to infiltrate that state up north with another fan.;)

Best of luck to you in Michigan and with your new job. We will all be looking forward to hearing about your fishing and shrooming up there so be sure to keep in touch on here.

18. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

are you sure you arent moving up there cause of the shroomin! :D

good luck man.