close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bad luck

Discussion in 'Bucks and Does' started by traphunter, Oct 10, 2004.

1. traphunter

traphunter Guest

This has not been a very good weekend for me hunting wise. First, I get up at 4:00am in the tree by 5am on Sat. morn. wait in the tree for 6 hours and the only thing I see is one squirrel. That sucked to because thats the first time I hunted the stand this year and I had high expectations for it. I get our of my stand and get to the ground and as soon as I get to the ground take a bad step and twist my ankle. Ouch! I hobble back to my truck and head on my way home. On the way home I drove past one of the Public lands that I hunt and I seen somone dragging out a nice buck that I had hunted last year, and had hoped to shoot this year. Talk about sinking my spirits. :( I got home and go to feel up my deer feeder with some corn (THE FEEDER IS ON OUR OWN PROPERTY THAT WE OWN) and went to where it was and releized it wasnt there. Yes thats right someone had stolen my feeder. I bet it was the same skum bag that put there deer stand right next to my salt block. Im am so mad right now. I would like to find out who it was so we could have a talk. :mad: TO top it all off, my crosbow broke on me this evening, so now it looks like I wont be hunting for awhile. Im thinking about buying a horton Hunter max. At least Im still alive and breathing, things will get better, I hope. :) On a high note I did get to see a small buck making a rub on a tree right in front of my stand this morning (sunday), that was a awsome thing to experience and a first for me. ;) :)

2. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

Dude, sounds like huntin is about as frustrating as fishing anymore.