close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bad gas???

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by exexec, Nov 22, 2004.

1. If you had bad gasoline where/how could you get rid of it. I am expecting some funny answers to the 'bad gas" title. :confused:

2. Elamenohpee

Elamenohpee Banned

I usually grab a cigar and go for a walk around the block. The cigar does a great job of hiding the aftermath of some of my girls fine home fixins' :D :D

3. katfish

katfish Cats are where it's at!

You could probably pour it in a metal container and burn it. Although it might not be good enough to run your outboard it would probably burn.

If you don't like that idea you might ask oil change places if they would dispose of it with their used motor oil.

4. Please describe what you mean by bad gas. Old? Has water in it? Contaminated with some other hydrocarbon or foreign substance?

5. It is beginning to smell like it is going bad/stale. I just had the carbs cleaned and don't want to run bad gas thru them and have to redo the carbs. I'd just like to get rid of what I have to be safe and start with fresh gas and add some stabilizer. My question is : is there a place to safely dispose of "bad/stale" gas?

6. Ummmm

Don't ever drain gasoline of any grade into a bucket and "burn it". That is about as unsafe an act as I can think of right now lol.

Look in the yellow pages for a wastewater treatment company (not plant). There are usually some locally that have enormous oil/water seperators. They blend oils together and sell them as bunker fuel.

7. KSUFLASH

KSUFLASH respect our rivers please

Can u say bonfire? Save it for next years party.

I release my gas by lifting of the leg and making a trumpet sound. Others prefer the tuba as their tone.

flash-------------------------------------out

8. crankus_maximus

crankus_maximus Crankus Baitus Maximus

I just add a bit to the old engine oil that I recycle. Another possibility is to put it in your lawn mower and let it run. They are designed to be used with 86 octane.

9. if you do burn it in a bucket, don't try to stomp it out (personal experiance ;) )

10. flathunter

flathunter Mellons mentor

I just poor my unused gas on the ground, kills weeds!

11. shadowman

shadowman Supreme Being

start a fire somewhere ( campfire ) stand back and throw a little bit at a time, if your not sure mix it with a few quarts of old oil and do the same thing, or try addinf stabilizer in it and than running it thur your lawn mower or leaf blower......you shouldn,t have much trouble getting rid of it.....if you do call a disposal co to do it its not cheap no matter how small of a amount it is............ :cool:

12. I Do As Flathunter Does And Pour It On My Weeeds.

13. johnboy111711

johnboy111711 SOLID MEAT

make a fire and have water baloon fights! there is always a coctail to made, also!

14. Took the boat in to Vic's sportscenter-they pumped out approx 30 gals. Charged me a nominal amt. Is pouring gas and or oil on your lawn to kill weeds a bad thing?

15. shuvlhed1

shuvlhed1 Banned

bad and probably illegal.

16. Ever think of periodically running your tank down through the season then puting an additive in on the refill? That was a practice I followed on a very strick basis on my inboard 23 footer and now on the internal tank on my Lund.
    I also add the stabilizer to the tank of the 9.9 as well as the reserve fuel for it. Four bucks is a low cost problem eliminator. You might also consider running some Seafoam through your motor to clean up the carb as well as carbon. Seafoam works great on four and two cycle as well.

17. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

You can actually kill two birds with one stone with the SeaFoam.
    Not only does it remove carbon,it also has a fuel stabilizer.

18. Guys thank for the great ideas, which I would have followed but-I just bought this boat and couldn't get it in the water yet. I had the carbs cleaned and didn't want to risk the possibility again of a foulup, thats why i wanted to start clean-I will put 12 gals in her with seafoam and try to test her on the water this year. Then I gotta do some minor body work so i can be ready for spring!!!!!! I'm gonna patch some small holes with marine-tex and maybe paint the entire boat over the winter. Any more ideas (or help) would be much appreciated! Doing a thorough deoxidation with sno bol on Friday.

19. Whaler

Whaler Whaler

Way back when I was a teenager my neighbor was clearing weeds out of the ditch at the end of his front yard. He had cut most of them down and removed them but he wanted to fine tune his job so he got gasoline and poured it all over the stubble and went up to the house to get something . While there the hot Summer Sun ignited the gasoline and it sounded like a bunker buster going off. He was lucky he wasn't standing near the ditch. Be careful any time you do anything with gasoline it is very volitile and very deadly.