close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Bad Day For Me

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by ARGEE, Apr 28, 2004.

1. I Had To Put My Lab To Sleep Today,,..she Was Only 11 And 4 Mos Old..i Wish They Coulda Put Me To Sleep Instead..it Would Of Been A Lot Easier.........

2. Lewis

Lewis ORIGINAL TEAM OGF

Sorry to hear that Rich.
    I know your Lab was a great companion for you.
    I know they cant be replaced,but maybe a new pup might help ease the pain.

3. sorry to here about your lab. i to have a black lab,she is my wifes and my baby.shes only 5. she gets away with more than my kids ever did.but she is
    a great freind and family member.we will miss her dearly when her time comes to leave us.

4. catking

catking Banned

Really sorry to hear about your misfortunes ARGEE ;) CATKING

5. Sorry to hear that my friend. I know how attached one can get to a dog. My shepherd is close to 10 yrs old and it's always in the back of my mind now of what's to come. He's got the start of cataracts and his hearing isn't near what it used to be. The spring in his step isn't near as springy either. I can find myself at a loss if I dwell on it too much. It's heart breaking at the very least. The only thing positive I can think of about it all is that I'd rather have the companionship and later go through the pain of loosing him than to not have had him at all. They are, truly, part of the family.

Hang in there my friend. Time heals.

Rich

6. tpet96

tpet96 Banned

I feel for ya man. Had to do that 2 years ago to a 10 yr old Golden. If ya need anything.......just holler.

7. Worm Drowner

Worm Drowner Banned

:( Damn! I'm sorry to hear that, Argee. She was a sweetie.

8. Sorry you lost your companion of 11 years.
    I know how aweful it feels to do the right thing Rich.
    We are still hurting from our loss last June with Brenda. She was 18 years old.
    But remember, one day you will be reunited with her. Untill then, cherish what you had with her.
    UNCONDITIONAL LOVE.
    Owen

9. My thoughts and prayers will be for you tonight Argee. It truly is a great loss to lose a family pet that has always been so close to us. We know that they will leave us someday but it is still hard to accept. This poem has given me comfort and I hope it will you too.

"Just this side of Heaven is a place called Rainbow Bridge.

When an animal dies that has been especially close to someone here, that pet goes to Rainbow Bridge. There are meadows and hills for all of our special friends so they can run and play together. There is plenty of food and water and sunshine, and our friends are warm and comfortable. All the animals who had been ill and old are restored to health and vigor; those who were hurt or maimed are made whole and strong again, just as we remember them in our dreams of days and times gone by.

The animals are happy and content, except for one small thing: they miss someone very special to them; who had to be left behind.

They all run and play together, but the day comes when one suddenly stops and looks into the distance. The bright eyes are intent; the eager body quivers. Suddenly he begins to break away from the group, flying over the green grass, his legs carrying him faster and faster. YOU have been spotted, and when you and your special friend finally meet, you cling together in joyous reunion, never to be parted again. The happy kisses rain upon your face; your hands again caress the beloved head, and you look once more into the trusting eyes of your pet, so long gone from your life but never absent from your heart.

Then you cross Rainbow Bridge together......."

Anonymous

10. Thanks All...the House Is So Quiet Now That Its Really Getting To Me...i Didnt Know It Would Be This Bad...

11. Worm Drowner

Worm Drowner Banned

Man, I have a small idea of the feeling. When I take Taoiseach in just to get him groomed or drop him off at the neighbors before leaving on a trip, the place just feels so empty. I think it's even tougher when you live alone like we do. My heart goes out to you........

Would you like to meet up at Pymatuning on Sunday to chase a few muskies and take your mind off of things for a little while? Let me know.

12. Lundy

Lundy Staff Member

Sorry about your loss ARGEE,

Been there done that, It really hurts for a long while.

Later you start remembering all of the great, fun and happy times you spent together. Most of the sadness is eventually replaced with all of the good memories.

sorry,
    Kim

13. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

argee, sorry your best friend had to leave. i know because i have many good 4 legged friends waiting for me to join up with them. it's a shame they only hang around for such a short time. i always say THIS ONE will be my last one. but they are truly your best friend. take care ,van

14. Sorry about the loss. The pain of losing a good dog is hard. Hope you can get another to ease the pain.

15. Fishman

Fishman Catch bait???

Sorry to hear about your dog Rich. They sure are great companions and so hard to let go of.

16. Sorry to hear about Sheeba, Argee. It is always difficult to lose a loving companion but we must look back at all that was shared.