Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D well my bro took me and my buddy andy out to lake hodgson and we got not one thing
not even bites!!!
so after a few hours we went to longwood to catch catfish with chicken liver.
we had a few bites but we didnt catch any.....:S so it was bad. after then we went home disappointed, but looking forward to our next trip

·
getting jigging with it
625 Posts
you shouldn't be disappointed or consider it a bad day... Any day out on the water is a good day sometimes its nice to just be able to get out... Don't get discouraged if you put the time in the fish will come...And heck you probably learned something and got to spend quality time with friend and family...Good luck in the future...i have minimal success at best at hodson also...

·
Registered
761 Posts
Don't Give up!
We just had a bad day that's all! This weather wasn't the best either?
But the fishing will be getting better next week? After all Steve and I were after bass, And all I caught was a shad and a lost trout? But it was better than watching TV wasn't it? Well better luck in the future.

Tom

·
You scratched my anchor!
467 Posts
Yeah, bad week, I fished:
Wednesday- Cuyahoga- nothin
Thursday- Hudson Springs, nuthin, Tinkers' SP- 1 little lmb
friday- Hudson Springs- nothing

So with little confidence, we (Cheese head, Archman) went to Punderson on Saturday, and quickly Cory caught a grass pike to bolster our spirits, but almost 3 hours later with barely a bite between us, Joel and I had basically given up. But Cory kept plugging away, and finally unlocked the secret, stumbling into some crappie with a small curly tail. We spent the next 3 hours hauling in crappie after crappie with some other fish mixed in.
Totals:
200+ Crappie
7 perch
2 bass
couple bluegill
1 grass pike.

Most were small (6-7 inch) but we got some nice ones, including one Cory caught was a real nice slab, I was too far away to accurately guess the size, but around 14 inches, maybe? Joels' got a picture.
I also got broken off by something big, but never got a look at it, a nice bass I think.
Boy, it was nice to finally catch something!
One strange thing, most of the crappie were gold with grayish spots, instead of white/black. I've never seen that before. Pretty neat looking, actually.

most fish caught in 3-5 feet of water, all through the column, on SLOW moving grubs, tubes, and powerbait nymphs on a small jighead.

Victor

1 - 7 of 7 Posts