Ohio Game Fishing banner
181 - 200 of 209 Posts

·
Registered
728 Posts
The Killdeer hen hatched out four chicks about twelve days ago, little ones are now fledged and firaging. Sge laid first egg yesterday and defended it vigorously from the zero turn mower. Funny, when I walk up she goes into injured bird mode trying to lure me away from the nest, but drive a mower or bobcat up and she stands there beatin her wings puffin her chest out and screamin at the top of her lungs.

Was just out with the dogs and second egg layed today.

·
Registered
728 Posts
This guy showed up yesterday, couldn't get a good pic until now. There is a colony of melanistic squirrels, black and white, about a mile south. This one however is albino, has pink eyes.
Rodent Squirrel Rat Fawn Whiskers

·
Premium Member
2,489 Posts
Had my first oriole of the season show up yesterday.
If i get time today, i want to get a photo of him and the 3 male Grosbeaks at the feeder together.
They were all there yesterday while i was sitting on the driveway changing out my trailer tail lights.
My son showed me a pic yesterday his friend sent him showing 5 oriole at his feeder at the same time.

·
Registered
1,875 Posts
You want to talk about a fricken bird, wow. Just had a great experience in the birding world. I live in the city limits of Findlay but on the way back edge of it, 30 yards from the city line. Residencial street, 10 homes on each side one block and it dead ends. A squirrel was killed yesterday by a car, laid in the street so far. Then my son say's look at that and a mature bald eagle is circling the squirrel 10 foot off the ground in between the houses but a very tight circle, eagle lands in our street walking around with another eagle flying at tree level. The eagle picked up the dead squirrel and flew back to their nest 1/4 mile away. I see them every day as I drive by the nest on into town, but damn it was walking down our street, so sweet for me to see.

181 - 200 of 209 Posts