close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Back Update

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CPTN.CROWN, Aug 23, 2004.

1. Well i finally had the discogram done Friday. The most painfull thing ive ever been thru in my life. I wouldnt wish that pain on my worst enemy. Like i said before they insert needels into 4 disc's. Then once all 4 needels are in they start to inject dye into them. The initial reaction should be nothing if disc is ok, and the most extreme pain you can imagine when damaged. You have to be totally awake, with a little valume to keep you somewhat in comfort. Well it didnt work. At least i found out that L4--L5 and L5-S1 disc's need surgery. Go to see him tomorrow to scheldue surgery :D :D Man i cant wait, never thought i would say that. Just thought id give y'all an update.

And if you doc says you need a discogram, run like HELL! At least now i have sympothy for labor, that's the only thing he would compare the pain level to.

2. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

Been there done that. I know just what you mean. Also had my neck done early this year. Same pain, sorta like a very bad migrane. You'll be glad after the surgery, if all goes good you'll feel like a new person. Good luck and keep us updated.

3. crappielooker

crappielooker The Corn Chucker

doood..u sounded like crap when i talked to u the other day..:D
    just get better man..and gimme a call sometimes..:D

4. Thanks guys. Just cant wait till the day i wake up pain free :p

5. ShakeDown

ShakeDown OGF Staff Staff Member Admin

Waking up pain free...I just "celebrated" my 6 year wedding anniversary on Sunday. I too wish to wake up pain free someday :D :D

Hope all goes well Jason.

6. Been there done that :D Except i alawys got the altimatum, you keep leaving me on the weekends to go fishing and im leaving, she wouldnt so I DID :eek: :D :cool:

Id just like to not have to take so many pain killers. Jeeezus im going thru 120-180 a month. since the procedure its been drastically worse and they had to bump me up to somthin stronger. Dont get me wrong i like to get my buzz on, but being buzzed 24/7 just aint cool anymore! :(

7. catking

catking Banned

Thanks for the update. Keep us all informed on your progress ;) GOOD LUCK !!!!!!!!!! THE CATKING :)

8. Can't imagin how painful that must have been but now you are ready for the next step toward pain free living. They simply injected some dye into me and then an open MRI. It was painless. I slept through the MRI.

9. Because of the degenerative discs being L2-L3 AND L3-L4, and herniated being L4-L5 AND L5-S1. This was the only way to determine what disc's needed operated on. I got a 50-50 chance on getting the 2 bad discs fuesed together as the other 2 will need done sooner or later. Go see the neuro-surgeon next Thursday to scheldue surgery. It sucks as we have a charter booked 2nd weekend in october. Was supposed to fish Huron Fri, Sat, and Sun. Now im going to be laid up.

Ill be in the canoe untill then, when i can, and pray for a cold ass winter so i can catch up on lost time ;)