close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Back Update

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by CPTN.CROWN, May 28, 2004.

1. Well after 2 painfull spinal taps, I realize that they are not helping. THe doc ive been seeing is a pain management doc, wich i didnt realize when i started seeing him. Been having all kinds of problems with the steriod they inject into my spine so me and the family doc finally made the call. Need to see a neuro doc to cut me. They will cut out the part of the disc that is herniated, and give me some relief. Only problem is its 16 weeks to get into see her. Guees thats a good thing, at least means shees good. Wish i would of done this month and a half ago, id be half way there. The pain killers are startn to not work, and im starting to get like a bear with a sore a$$. Pond fishn for me all summer really bums me out, but i got that senko down and been killin the largemouth. :cool:

2. zipperneck52

zipperneck52 fished with Noah

I was read a story the other day about a company that is working on a replacement disc for herniated or crushed discs. I wish I could remember where. Sounds like this could do ya a world of good.I'll look back over the papers and mags I have and see if I can find it for ya. I think it would be a suprise for your doc too.

3. I wouldnt even be considered for disc replacement at this point. What they will do with mine is cut out the part that is hitting the nerve. Its almost instant relief. Thats the problem, the discs are hitting nerves and thats what causes all the pain, numbness etc. Good new from the neuro surgeon, because my sisters doc is friends with her my 16 week wait is only 4 weeks. Might get cut that day or next, so be down and out for fireworks. Probably a good idea, as trying to concentrate on somthing like that with the pain killers makes me puke :(

4. DaleM

DaleM Original OGF Staff Member

I just went through something similar to that a few months ago. Mine they couldn't cut out. They injected it a few times which didn't help, then went in and burnt the nerves that were causing the pain. I feel about 60% better now. Still have problems but at least I can stand it better now. Good luck with it.