Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 1 of 1 Posts

·
Registered
992 Posts
I left Fredrick’s Landing at 07:55 heading for the Ohio River. 1st spot no bites so headed up river. 09:35 caught first fish of the day. It hit vanilla soaked shrimp a back up bait I had. Then no more bites, so I moved down to Hooters at 10:30. My outside rod got hammered at 10:35. While I was fighting this fish, my center rod got hit; hooked that fish as well. So I was very busy trying to dip net the fist fish with the current. I finally got both of these fish in the boat. Re-baited and cast back out, as I was measuring those 2 fish the center rod went down again. This was a small channel cat that got off about 5 feet from the boat. Last fish of the day was hooked at 11:05, all the fish were on dead line rigs. All the fish were returned to the river to fight another day. The back up bait of shrimp raw or vanilla was what they wanted that day! No monsters but all 4 channels were decent, from 5 up to 7 ¾ pound. 12:00 I headed back to ramp and home. At long last I had an enjoyable trip on the river, so will back at it soon. I have to depend on the back up bait for I can not get Shad or Skipjacks at this time! I wish tight lines to all.

1 - 1 of 1 Posts