Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Not necessarily looking forward to it, but it's time. Had major open front, open back, surgery Feb 27. I got in just in time, before all the virus issues. Well, tomorrow is the day. Doc offered to extend my fmla but I don't think it is necessary. If I can work I want to. I work in auto industry supplying drivetrain components.

A tip.....after any injury/surgery/etc... issue, don't go back to work on a monday. Only work a couple days the first week so that your injured area can adapt. I know I will be sore but I only work two days and then off for three. Then only four next week.

·
Registered
436 Posts
Not necessarily looking forward to it, but it's time. Had major open front, open back, surgery Feb 27. I got in just in time, before all the virus issues. Well, tomorrow is the day. Doc offered to extend my fmla but I don't think it is necessary. If I can work I want to. I work in auto industry supplying drivetrain components.

A tip.....after any injury/surgery/etc... issue, don't go back to work on a monday. Only work a couple days the first week so that your injured area can adapt. I know I will be sore but I only work two days and then off for three. Then only four next week.
Good luck tomorrow. I to am glad to here you want to get back into the game.

·
The end is near
7,799 Posts
Good luck brother. I've been putting my back surgery off. 40 degree scoliosis.
When I had my knees replaced, my ortho doc had me do half days at work for 2 weeks. Then if able, full time.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks guys! Went well today. Re-taught a few robots, worked on a little tooling, etc... Didn't do a whole lot. Mostly just re-familiarising my self with everything.

Things sure have changed at work (and elsewhere) in the last 3 months. Where I park it is now one way. You pull in the lot and up to a tent. Someone checks your temp and they issue you a wrist band if temp checks out. You have to wear it all day. Everyone has to wear a mask. On the assembly lines operators now have barriors between each person. Can't use any of the break rooms. Cafeteria is open for box lunches only, and you can't eat there. Most people have to go to their vehicles to eat. It's a whole new strange feeling.

·
'Super Moderator'
13,076 Posts
Glad to hear you are on the mend enough to get back at it.
Keep the pace slow and listen to your body...it will sure let you know if'n your going at it too strong.

·
Registered
102 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Good luck brother. I've been putting my back surgery off. 40 degree scoliosis.
When I had my knees replaced, my ortho doc had me do half days at work for 2 weeks. Then if able, full time.
If you don't mind me asking.....why are you putting it off? I know it sucks, this is my second in 1.5 yrs. For me, the surgery date couldn't come soon enough.

Your lucky. I've been off work over a year since breaking my back and having a 5 disc fusion done
Sorry man, that sucks. My first surgery was to fuse the L4-L5, plus a laminectomy to remove part of vertebrae to release pressure on spinal cord. Plus a few other things. This time they went through belly and then the back again. Now I have L4, L5, and S1 fused.

I sure hope yours gets better. Back pain is the worst.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts