Ohio Game Fishing banner
141 - 160 of 182 Posts

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,493 Posts
If anyone wants a good cheap pours I recommend the following. Elijah Craig small batch, Old Forrester 100 proof, Evan Williams Bottle in Bond , Coppers Craft 100 proof, Wild Turkey 101, Old Grand Dad Bottle in Bond, Makers 46, 4 Roses Single Barrel, Woodford Reserve, Weller Special Reserve, Buffalo Trace, Larcany, Knob Creek 9 year, Russells Reserve, all under 45 bucks, most some under 20 even. The best value is Coopers and 4 Roses Single and Russell's. IMO of course.

·
Registered
4 Posts
All solid recommendations.
I'm not a fan of 4 Rose's, Maker's 46 or Russell's but I've found that preferences change over time. I used to hate WT101 and now it's one of my favorites.
I'm really digging the Mellow Corn. It's a bit of a departure from bourbon but I love it. Flavors of fresh sweet corn, cinnamon and roasted peanuts. Only $20 for a 1 liter.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,493 Posts
Recently got a knob 12, 1792 BIB store pick, woodville store pick, eagle 🦅 pick and EC barrel strength all excellent pours. This weekend opening a Blanton’s store pick which is supposed to be killer.

enjoy Labor Day weekend! I’m at branchtill Monday camping and a little fishing

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
10,748 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
Seen multiple bottles of Blantons at 3 different Duty-Frees at Dulles Airport last week...3 different toppers...$130 a bottle.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
6,082 Posts
I'm guessing that she got that at the distillery and not on the secondary market!
Brother- inlaw found it in Central Ky, a gift for some work I did for him.
This made the trip also
Bottle Liquid Ingredient Glass bottle Fluid

Barrel aged at sea, we'll see if all that sloshing improves the taste :D
Good luck and enjoy !

141 - 160 of 182 Posts