Ohio Game Fishing banner
121 - 140 of 183 Posts

·
Registered
1,606 Posts
I would, BUT…..
What little research I’ve done, it has been re named, and no longer available…
stupid me, drank all I had….it was plentiful at the time, then poof! I might have had a collectors item!
not sure if I have anything up to you standards….buddy might have some home made stuff If your interested?
good idea, getting together for a drink.

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
10,759 Posts
When I travel to KY, flatboat is often I bottle I grab. For the price point, can't be beat.
Good to know. Stopped in the liquor agency yesterday and noticed flatboat is in as a new item.

Reactions: garhtr

·
Registered
5,760 Posts
Discussion Starter · #125 ·
I would, BUT…..
What little research I’ve done, it has been re named, and no longer available…
stupid me, drank all I had….it was plentiful at the time, then poof! I might have had a collectors item!
not sure if I have anything up to you standards….buddy might have some home made stuff If your interested?
good idea, getting together for a drink.
Anytime you need to get out of the house let me know.. Have you used that Pole/Spinning Reel combo yet?

·
10,759 Posts
I just opened a bottle of Basil Hayden Toast last night. I was pleasantly surprised.
I had linner (lunch/dinner) with my sibs and BIL yesterday afternoon. We were trying a new place, and I was surprised to see that they had a bourbon pour list. At the end of the meal I bought some Basil Hayden's to sip on. Liked it a lot.

Reactions: garhtr

·
Registered
269 Posts
OHLQ was supposed to be shipping Elijah Craig Barrel Proof barrel picks so I just popped into the local Kroger see if any came in. Unfortunately they didn't get any but they did have a bunch of EC Toasted Barrel so I thought "close enough". While ringing up the purchase, I noticed a Blanton's on the same shelf. I nearly fell over. They told me I couldn't buy it because the EC I was purchasing was also allocated and only one of any allocated product can be purchased per day. After some begging they replaced the EC with Blanton's. I still can't believe I actually found it considering I've never even seen a bottle anywhere.

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,494 Posts
OHLQ was supposed to be shipping Elijah Craig Barrel Proof barrel picks so I just popped into the local Kroger see if any came in. Unfortunately they didn't get any but they did have a bunch of EC Toasted Barrel so I thought "close enough". While ringing up the purchase, I noticed a Blanton's on the same shelf. I nearly fell over. They told me I couldn't buy it because the EC I was purchasing was also allocated and only one of any allocated product can be purchased per day. After some begging they replaced the EC with Blanton's. I still can't believe I actually found it considering I've never even seen a bottle anywhere.
Being in the right place at the right time, those usually go first thing in the AM on delivery day if they get any. I feel I've gotten lucky on a few as well. I've joined some trade groups to get some really hard to find bottles, I'm not waiting in line or paying secondary but trading has worked very well. Got an Old Forrester Single Barrel barrel proof and an eagle rare store pic this week, the "tax' was maybe 25 bucks on both bottles, for me it's worth it, blatons is typically 15 bucks, EHT small batch about the same.

·
10,759 Posts
I can appreciate this. I have NEVER seen a bottle of Blanton's in the flesh, or the glass!

·
Registered
200 Posts
Made a trip last week down to Frankfort KY for a Buffalo Trace tour that we’d scheduled the previous month. As we checked in at the registration desk, the lady told us we picked a good day as Blanton’s was scheduled for release that day in the gift shop. When we entered the gift shop there were three sections of shelving, six shelves high, all loaded with those beautiful rounded bottles.....and the guy was stocking more! However, the guy stocking the shelves couldn’t keep up with the number of people taking them down to purchase. The decision was made to quickly grab my bottle and take it back to my car before we took the tour, which turned out to be wise. When we arrived back at the gift shop an hour and a half later, those shelves all had the standard Buffalo Trace brew - Blanton’s was all sold out!
I highly recommend the trip to Frankfort!

·
Registered
4 Posts
I did get to try Blanton's about a year ago at Winking Lizard in Peninsula, OH. It was good but not worth secondary pricing. Can't pass it up at MSRP.

On another note, I just found out that Mellow Corn is available in Ohio. Looked on OHLQ and found it in stock at Kroger in Findlay. Bottom shelfer with good reviews. I'm enjoying a pour as I type.

121 - 140 of 183 Posts