101 - 118 of 118 Posts

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
10,331 Posts

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
10,331 Posts
View attachment 482863

Got a bottle for my birthday, my son in law found it somewhere in Pittsburgh.
I have NEVER seen a bottle of that anywhere around here!

Not bourbon, but it's back:

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk
[QUOTE="Rooster, post: 3134193,

Is it really? Was in the a liquor store today when the woman ahead of me asked for 2 bottles of it, and was told that it was unavailable at the present time. Who knows? The cashiers could have been lieing to save what bottles they had for "special" customers.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
At least three stores in the Cincinnati area have it on the shelf, and I expect there will be more stores as it is delivered.

My first time trying it.... okay straight....much better with some ice. Cuts the sweetness and just tastes better to me cold.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Finally opened a bottle of Maker's Mark Cask Strength that I've had on the shelf for a year or so. Dang! It is very good. Even the wife didn't dislike it too much.

Stopped at a local Kroger for groceries yesterday. Decided to swing through the liquor store to see if they had anything of interest and wasn't disappointed. Scored Elijah Craig Toasted Barrel, Buffalo Trace and Crown Peach.

·
Registered
431 Posts
My brother gave me a bottle of "Legent" recently. Never seen it before. Supposed to be "Partially Finished in wine and sherry casks". Distilled by Fred Noe and then "refined by chief blender Shinji Fukoyo". Haven't cracked the seal on it yet

·
Registered
99 Posts
Was hoping to get a bottle of Blanton's this morning.... Local store stated it'll be available on Saturday, Feb 19 (despite an OLQ "Unavailable from Supplier" notice on the state-run website)

Over 15 people in line at 7:45 am, 2 sitting in lawn chairs. .....

Not knowing what is considered "in stock" (past experience is no more than 12 bottles) I cut my losses rather than stand in line to be told "sold out".

Guess I can't be angry at State.or Sarzanec since I wasn't the early bird today - on to more productive things & splitting firewood.

·
Registered
1,651 Posts
Our local grocery store has a state store inside of the main store. Although the liquor store opens at 9am the main store is open 24 hours.
On Saturday mornings By 6 am there are usually guys in line waiting by the door. They usually buy a dozen donuts from the bakery to share and sit around and BS. Usually, by the time they finish the coffee and donuts, somebody goes to the deli and has a few sub sandwiches made,again to share with everyone in line.

This is a younger mans version of sitting at the local donut shop or breakfast joint to BS early in the morning.

There may or may not be coffee in each of the guy's travel mug :cool:

The store manager thinks its great .

This is usually the only time of the year that im a part of it as most of the other guys in line do not hunt or fish.

Good times and usually come out with a couple of bottles of something good.

·
Registered
567 Posts
It sucks... You literally have to be retired to get a decent bottle of bourbon at state minimum. If your still a working man, you lose... One day hopefully I'll have the time to camp out at the store too

Sent from my moto g(7) play using Tapatalk

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,585 Posts
I have yet two wait in line at a store but did work out some deals to get a bottle of Blantons and Weller Antique, Special reserve is everywhere no problem getting that, I went to Chicago over the weekend and grabbed a Sazerak rye and Caribou Crossings, Ohio did barrel picks with Jefferson so grabbed a single barrel bottle I'll open that tonight.

·
Registered
314 Posts
View attachment 482209
Still haven't cracked the seal on the Willet but I've been working on this bottle of Flatboat my wife picked up in Ky.
Nothing really special but for the price --$25-- I'll likely pick up another when/if available.
Good luck and enjoy !
When I travel to KY, flatboat is often I bottle I grab. For the price point, can't be beat.

·
Registered
314 Posts
Last week I had some blantons at an irish pup in Spartenburg, SC. At $12 a healthy pour, I was happy. Didn't hurt they had a great band playing as well.

Another good option I have come across is a Blade and Bow for around $50 a bottle. Very smooth and nice aromas. From the Louisville, KY area.

·
Registered
99 Posts
Last week I had some blantons at an irish pup in Spartenburg, SC. At $12 a healthy pour, I was happy. Didn't hurt they had a great band playing as well.

Another good option I have come across is a Blade and Bow for around $50 a bottle. Very smooth and nice aromas. From the Louisville, KY area.
Agree on the Blade & Bow - - I make sure to always have a bottle on hand, it appears to be seen more frequently on shelves now.

·
Registered
2,779 Posts
Again, not bourbon, but Crown Peach is really growing on me. Have not been able to replenish Buffalo Trace in the last couple of weeks, and peach has taken up the slack. Like bourbon straight, but can't drink the peach without ice (too sweet). But fill a glass with ice, 3oz of peach, and repeat.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

101 - 118 of 118 Posts