Ohio Game Fishing banner
41 - 60 of 65 Posts

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #41 ·
I've tried to like bourbon so many times, but just can't.
It's the whole line whiskey/bourbon/scotch/rye.
Had a friend give me a bottle of Angels Envy as a good starter bourbon.
Love the smell of it so I'll keep trying.
Try firing up a nice big ole Cigar next time. Try your Bourbon with water, or Ice. Anyone who rolls their eyes at you for adding water is not a bourbon lover. I like to mix Ginger Ale with my bourbon as well. Lady I know likes to mix it with Dr. Pepper.

·
Registered
952 Posts
While watching a bourbon review on YouTube, Knob Creek Smoked Maple came up in the conversation. I did a search and watched a couple more reviews on it, seemed to get pretty high marks from everyone, so I went out and picked up a bottle.

Outstanding! Quite tasty neat! Seems to be readily available, 90 proof, $36.

·
Registered
425 Posts
I know it's not bourbon, but I cracked an 18 year old bottle of Macallan's that's been sitting on my shelf for 13 years. It was pretty mild. The after taste came on slow, but was good.

·
Registered
Standard tackle, kayak, v hull John boat with 8 horse outboard
66 Posts
Evan Williams 1783 all day. Buffalo trace all the other days.

·
Registered
5 Posts
My go to is Knob Creek rye, I don’t know why but that one really agrees with my palate. Big fan of Elijah Craig too though.

·
I'll be bach
513 Posts
Me too !
View attachment 480991
Blantons is my favorite-- so far.
View attachment 480994
Never tried it but I'm anxious to break the seal on this bottle of Willet but saving it for the cabin and Mzzy season.
Enjoy
Please post your thoughts on the Willett. And after you give us your results let me know where you buy it.
We visited the Willett distillery a few years back and now it's a must purchase when I can find it. Nearest store I know is in Buffalo. Gotta be somewhere closer. I took a bottle to deer camp this year and it lasted one night after my boys tried it.

·
Registered
5,813 Posts
your thoughts on the Willett.
Will do but I've been saving it for a special occasion. Missed deer camp to duck hunt and Haven't broken the seal yet. It was a gift from my neighbor and his son, His son drives over the road and picked it up somewhere. I let them hunt on us and they always come through with something nice--Last year they gave me two bottles of Blantons.
Enjoy n Good luck !

·
On the back 9 and loving it!
10,118 Posts
I used to think that Buffalo Trace was expensive. When I found out what it actually cost, it made sense to me why it's so hard to find. That stuff gets snappled up fast!

Reactions: mkalink and garhtr

·
Registered
5,473 Posts
Discussion Starter · #57 ·
Today I punched out early to stand in line to purchase Larceny Single Barrel. My understanding is its not that great. Least thats what the other dozen people told me in that also was standing in line..

·
Registered
630 Posts
^^^ way too peppery for my taste, I won't buy it again but that's just me

·
I'll be bach
513 Posts
My top four daily drinkers are {in order by price} (high to low) Michter's small batch, Willett, Knob Creek 9 year and Buffalo Trace. If you like maple you gotta try the Michter's. Be sure you get the bourbon and not the rye. The rye is good but a tad hot. I've really only tried a very few that I wouldn't buy again. It's all good. Availability is the next issue.
CHEERS.............................

41 - 60 of 65 Posts