Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Not bothered about it
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Got out this morning with my son to wet some lines before the heat kicked in. No luck for him, but I wasn't sure how much his heart was in it. He'll catch something soon, and then his interest will pick back up again.

Anyway, we only had a couple of hours, and we went to one of our usual haunts from last year. The water there on the GMR is still a little too high and fast there, but I managed to pull out a small white bass and a decent gar. Kind of surprised by the gar, it was a good thing I kept tension on the line as I reeled him in. He had bit on the back hook of the lipless crank and fell off as soon as I got him ashore.

If it looks like the left side of my face is swollen, it's because it is. I had a lot of dental work done Weds morning. Like the new smile?

·
Not bothered about it
777 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My wife had to work, so she couldn't be there with us. After she got off work, we went to another spot and she finally got on the board. First fish she caught this year, and it was a nice channel cat.

Still little timid about hold it, but she's getting better.

·
Not bothered about it
777 Posts
Didn't fish on Saturday, went to Coney Island instead. Too tired after that to do anything. The heat and humidity did us all in, and we all fell asleep as soon as we got home.

We went fishing at Campbell's Sunday morning, but no luck. I managed to hook a small bass, but it shook off the hook and swam away the instant I got it ashore. We took a break and watched the game, then went fishing again when the sun went down.

Made the mistake of going to the Hamilton dam. Too many snags and stuff, the wife and kid have too much bad luck there. So we went somewhere else. Didn't catch much, and were about to leave when the boy started yelling. Managed to catch a personal best LM bass.

Finally we were able to go home (the last ones there) and he has met the last requirement for his fishing merit badge. Good to see him get excited again, and feeling good about going fishing.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.