Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Finny's Custom Rods
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My wife recently found my old bug out bag and we had a few laughs at my size 30-30 dress blue slacks.

Then at the bottom of the bag was my beret, that I wore so proudly. Do you recognize the insignia?

Attachments

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,435 Posts
Here's what we flew back then ( a little before your time LOL)
Also our patch. Thanks Brother!!

·
Finny's Custom Rods
670 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Wow Dale!
I had no idea that you were a PJ too! Geesh, what's the odds of two of us on the same web site? You know how few of us that are out there. Next time we have a chance, we gotta find time to sit around and talk about one of the least known members of SOG.
Much respect my brother!
And thank you for your service as well.
John

·
Banned
16,937 Posts
Two days until my 39th anniversary of ETS. My greens seem to have shrunk also.

·
Registered
2,668 Posts
The "Huskie" was a fantastically capable little chopper for it`s time; it`s only real disadvantage was during it`s design, no one foresaw it as ever doing anything but very short range on or very near base rescue efforts. Correct me if I`m mistaken, but several were used on rescues near Da Nang, picking up downed pilots when the "Huskie"s were forced to do emergency landings due to flying well beyond "BINGO !" fuel states. 1 crew and their rescued pilot had to walk almost 2 miles to the base`s front gate !

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.