Back from Our St. Clair Trip with some Pics!

Discussion in 'Muskie & Pike Discussions' started by ShutUpNFish, Jul 1, 2008.

1. ShutUpNFish

ShutUpNFish FishBum

Well our muskie adventure had to come to an end...I just hate whenever I have to leave Canada!! My buddy and I had a decent muskie week on Lake St. Clair. Although numbers are down from recent years, we managed to bang a few nice fish. This one is a 51" and 33 pounder also got a nice 48" below. We caught several in the mid forties while we were there for our five day trip. The new boat worked out perfect for us and handled the water like a dream. Trolling for those muskies is similar to trolling for the eyes at Erie, but certainly NOT easy....its wild to see those ferocious strikes on a plainer board for sure. They rip the drag harder than I've seen anywhere else. I can't wait to get back up!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. cool ! those are a couple of sweet fish ! .. the big ones definatly still there .. congratulations !

3. Nice fish! I haven't made it to St. Clair....yet!

4. Very nice. Sounds like you had a lot of fun and that's what it's all about.

5. crittergitter

crittergitter Multi Species Angler

Awesome! Congratulations on catching some nice trophies muskies. Color me jealous. I hope to get up there some day.

CG

6. Very nice Paul! i was wondering when we'd see the pics!
    Gotta love St. Clair! Congrats! Are you bored with 50"+ fish yet!? :)

7. ShutUpNFish

ShutUpNFish FishBum

NEVER! I have truly been blessed to be able to do it for sure. I know some guys who have been fishing for them for 15+ years and have yet to get one. Fish of a lifetime for sure, but if you want one, St. Clair is probably your best bet. Tight lines guys!

8. musk

musk MUSK-E-MIKE

Great fish! I've been stuck on 49 for a while. I need to make it up there again! GOOD job:B

9. Great Pics and fish there.... amazing colors and size....Congradulations on the fine catch!

frank

10. I've been fishing muskies only for 10 years now.. and my biggest is still a 49" from West Branch, 2nd would be a 48" from St Clair and every digit down from there ........ I've lost several 50+ fish over the years at various lakes ... they seem to get away... but I did get to net a 54 this year !

11. Nice report, Thank's for sharring!!:B

12. ShutUpNFish

ShutUpNFish FishBum

Muskie Guy,

Knowing you, and your persistance, you will get one soon I'm sure. Your passion for muskie fishing and everything about it will soon reward you! Are you fishing the club tourny at Chautauqua July 18?

13. Yeah I just like catchin fish and I know my 50+ will come ... I just like getting them in the boat regardless of who gets it. Oh the fish I've seen.... I'm a believer... I've seen the huge ones ... and that keeps me going too. Can't make it to Chautauqua yet maybe this fall sometime. I might slide over to the branch on July 19th if I can arrange it. Hope Chautauqua does you well. ( we could start a seperate discussion about Chautauqua )