close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Back from lake nipissing-Canada

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by wally72, Sep 5, 2004.

1. wally72

wally72 wally72

Just got back from Lake nipissing Sat. Had a real good time, the fishing wasn't to bad. We caught several walleye but no real big ones. A few smallmouth and for the first time we got some really nice size perch. The weather wasn't to bad it only rained one day but the wind blew every day from a different direction.We didn't do any pike fishing but some of the other guys in camp were and I saw some pretty nice ones. Like I said we didn't get any big walleye in the top part of the slot or over but we got enough keepers to eat ( I only gained about ten pounds) and bring some home. The border crossing going up was the fastest I ever had the lady ask where we going then said go on. Coming back we got ask several questions and were ask for our drivers liscence and birth cetificates. That was the first time in thirty years I have ever been ask. All in all it was a good trip hope to do it again next year.

2. glad that you had a good fishing trip up north! My wife and I are leaving the 12th on a one week bass trip in Ontario. I sure hope Frances is gone when we get there and Ivan doesn"t follow us ! More later

3. wally72

wally72 wally72

Good luck Red Ranger Hope the weather is good for you. I wish I was a better smallmouth fisherman Because they are sure fun to catch, we fish mainly for walleye. I also wish my wife like to fish more maybe I could get an extra week up there. What part of Ontario are you going to?Have fun and be safe

4. iwdavefish

iwdavefish Fishin' Fanatic

What part of Nipissing did you fish? My buddy and I spent the weekend at the mouth of the French. We fished strictly for toothy critters. Managed a 36" muskie and a bunch of smaller pike. Had a nice muskie (mid 40's) take a big swipe at my jerkbait and completely miss. We also had a nice northern follow to the boat then spook. We saw a bald eagle on three occasions, the first we've seen in that area.

5. Walley 72 We are going to Percy Reach , just a little bit east of Rice Lake. The bass fishing is very good {lm and sm] very good muskie the pike are somewhat smallish The biggest pike I ever caught there was 38.5 inches. I never catch walleyes but they are there. I fish for only the bass so the other kinds of fish that I catch are accidents. I use mostly plastic worms and tubes also buzzbaits and spinnerbaits for the largemouth. Most of the smallmouth we catch on crankbaits or jigs. I have hooked several muskies {some huge} while using these bass lures but most of the time I get bit off as I don't use a leader while bass fishing. I am very fortunate that my wife loves to fish and is getting better at it all the time!

6. Hey guys. My wife doesn't fish, but would like to go up to Canada sometime. I need a place where she will have something to do while I fish. We looked at Nippissing. Is there stuff around there other than fishing? Other ideas are appreciated.

7. Big John, My wife and I are going alone this year but we have taken another couple before and the guys would fish and the women would shop, sightsee and browse the antique shops nearby. There are also golf courses nearby.

8. wally72

wally72 wally72

BIG JOHN where we stay is on the Dokis Indain res. We drive to our cabin and it is back about 20 miles of gravel road. We have talked about taking the wives up there but didn't think there was enough to keep them busy for a week. The town of Sudbury is about an hour and half drive from there and is a pretty good size town with a lot of things to do. There is a golf course about 45 mins. up the road and a lot of small gift shops scattered along the way. If I could I would like to talk my wife into a week long vacation up there with about three days of fishing for me. The camp we stay in the cabins have elec and indoor showers which is a must for my wife. Good luck on finding a place that will make you and your wife happy.