close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

back from flethcers

Discussion in 'Fishing Reports - Out of State' started by NewbreedFishing, May 21, 2007.

1. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

we are back:( and hated to leave!!
    the trip was productive in many ways. fletchers is a great place and jacks landing was a nice place to be. the weather before we arrived was crap (3 days of hard rain) i imagine that dropped the temps. pretty good. thank god we had three days of high pressure and stable weather. the water would warm rapidly throughout the day and it seemed the fish would respond accordingly. the fish were there...but we had to work hard for them. first day we had boat issues and had to rent a motor. after the 3rd one we got on the water. we checked some areas close to our camp and didnt see much of anything besides very fishy looking water. in fact the whole dam lake is awesome...almost overwelming to a bass fisherman. a member of our group caught a decent 32" northern that fed us late in the day. 2nd day i was determined to boat some fish and hit the north end(looking for warm water). same senerio, great looking water/no fish. finally landed some decent LM on a black and orange smithwick floating rouge. matter of fact the only fish we caught in 2 days were on black and orange which is my bread and butter anytime i head north of ohio. black and orange northland reedrunner spinnerbaits and black and orange rouges. i hit 3 really nice largemouth 2 @ 20-21" and 1 18" with about 6 small pike. day three we had a small mid-day front move in and then things went sour. i had my engine overheat and was done for the trip. we had a decent amount of small pike showing interest but they were difficult to hook...the were nipping at the bait and not really commiting. this place was awesome though....a real bassers paradise. i would like to spend some more time there after learning a few lessons. a floodwater is way different then fishing a reservior. anyone that would like a few pointers of what not to do ....feel free to contact me thru PM. will be posting up a few pics. soon :B

2. littleking

littleking Crossing Lines LIKE A PRO

glad you had a good time! floodwaters are awesome, no real "hot spots" since there are fish EVERYWHERE

hope the map helped you out mitch!

3. NorthSouthOhioFisherman

NorthSouthOhioFisherman The Young Outdoorsman

shoulda tried for panfish... there are tons escpically crappie if u can find a school

4. NewbreedFishing

NewbreedFishing High Speed Angling

Sorry, i can panfish in my hometown. We got enough meat by bringing home a few pike. Those largemouth were beautiful and once i saw that the average size is 20" there was no looking back:B
    I would kill to be there around mid June

5. SwollenGoat

SwollenGoat Scourge of Hoover

Well, LK and our group are heading up this weekend. We'll post back on how we do. Hope it's as good or better than last time.

6. littleking

mitch you should see the fall bite, we go every year the weekend after labor day... its amazing

7. mitch
    we was up there 18th and 19th same time as you all sorry to not see you there. We did good too first day started slow the 4 of us got about 5 pike and 4 bass in the am then the fish stoped hitting from 10 am to about 5pm. about 6pm all changed fish went mad we got about 20 pike and 15 bass over by jacks place and west of there pike was in the 20" to 24'' and bass 12 to 16" they hit on red for us the most. day 2 was out of this world over cast and it was a all out mad house all day lost some big ones but Thomas got a 23" bass and greg got a 30" pike at the end of the day 2ed day about 80 pike and 25 bass from the 4 of us. this trip was a blast out of this world fishing ps 2ed day white and green was the fish picks. this was a trip i will be doing agen :D :D :D :D

8. littleking

good to hear that everyone had a blast!