close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Back and still scheming...

Discussion in 'Boats and Motors' started by stephsgotbait, Jun 25, 2007.

1. Ok guys, sorry to bug you but I've made progress on a car toppable boat. I'm thinking of getting both a new (used) car and dinghy to put on top of it. I'm pretty set on getting a 2003 Honda CR-V soon. I'm getting one without the honda roof rack since it only holds 75lb. The owner's manual says the car can hold 800lbs. I don't think I'll test that, though. :)

I contacted Distinctive Truck in Columbus and they suggested a Thule roof system they can attach. It holds 165lbs. It's in my price range too.

The dinghy I'm considering is a Baywalker 8', which is only 71LBs.

I plan on short trips, no more than an hour's drive. Sorry to bug you with this again but now I have better details on the car I'm getting and a dinghy that is allegedly car-toppable.

What are your thoughts? Do you think the 8' is too long to carry on a CR-V? (The width of the CR-V is 70", the dinghy is 52"). Any comments are gladly welcomed. Thanks very much! Stephanie

2. Should have no problems, just be sure that the front tiedowns go FORWARD to where-ever you are tieing them. (Bumper, frame, what have you) It is a great way to keep mobility and still boat fish.

Good luck and good fishing!

Huntinbull