close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

B.A.S.S OhioValley/WeekendSeries

Discussion in 'Tournament Discussion' started by BornToFish, Oct 6, 2005.

1. BornToFish

BornToFish Smallmouth Rule

B.A.S.S announced Tuesday Oct.4, 2005. That there will be a 4 tourney schedule in Ohio for the 'Weekend Series'. 2@Alum Creek, 1@GrandLake, 1@Lake Erie. I'm considering signing-up as a non-boater. I have a bassboat, but it's older, and under repair. I was wondering if anybody else is interested in signing up. I'm in the Marion/Bucyrus area. You can also visit me at Dick's Sporting Goods-Polaris Pkwy. in Columbus.

2. BTF, I will be fishing it as a CoAngler....If you have trouble finding a BOATER...let me know and I will look around for you or even give you some places to advertise. I am set I think for at least the 1rst 2 as of right now...I hate the shared weight format...But I really need to try it...I loved the BFL when I fished it...This is an opportunity to try something different and also show some support for company willing to come into the state and offer tournaments at this level!!!!

HAWK

3. what are the entry fees?

I cant find any info about the series on the BASS website. Anyone have a link?

I might enter some of the BFL, Weekend Series, and Outdoors series in the next few years and am just looking to see what its all about.

By the way, is there any age limit?

CJ

4. I was calling for this last year. Two of the club members in my bass club fished the TN division and are going to the Regional later this month. It almost seemed as though BASS didn't care about the northern angler. I will consider going as a co-angler, but I haven't ruled out the BFL either.

I think you have to be 16 to fish in the Series. The rules are on Bassmaster.com.

Eric

5. Honestly, If I lived in the Cincy Area I would go BFL...Its 25 bucks cheaper and there is none of the shared weight format. The BFLs are very very well run and the staff is TOP NOTCH...at least in my experiences. The Travel Costs were too high for me to fish them more than one season. With the BASS Schedule...3 of them are pretty close and I have a friend I can stay with in Columbus!!!! I had three 5 hours trips when I fished the BFL Buckeye....But I do miss seeing the friends I made....I will post a link for the weekend series.

6. ThunderHawk,

I actually just moved to Cincy from Columbus about 5 months ago. I still fish with my federation club there. I have relatives and friends I can stay with whenever I need to in Columbus, so I am lucky in that regard.

Furthermore, where do you live in Wintersville. I grew up there as a kid and my folks still live in Steubenville. I was just home this past weekend. I fished Friendship Lake on Saturday and Highladtown on Sunday just for kicks.

Eric

7. Hi Eric
    I live on Gumps Lane. I grew up about 10 minutes from Highlandtown...They ruined it with the Grass Carp in my opinion...LOL. I miss fishing the Grass Edges. If you are ever in town this fall and would like to hit a lake or the river...Email me thndrhwk@1st.net for my phone number...I don't have a flashy boat but it gets me where I need to go to fish...And I have won a few bucks out of it....LOL
    Anyway, Take Care

Hawk

8. BornToFish

You don't have to have a boater to register with do you?

9. BTF, No you don't.....But priority entry is the way to go!!!! If there is more Co-Anglers than Boaters, you could be left on the bank without. Registering with a Boater gives you priority entry over those that don't. It also gives you a chance to split costs and get some practice time on the water if you wish. Not sure if you know this or not...But you will never draw your "pre-registered" boater.
    If you have any quesions let me know here or at the below email.....

Hawk

10. TH,

I guess I haven't seen any grass carp at HIghlandtown. But I would imagine they spend most of their time over in the arm of the lake with all the lily pads, especially since there is zero grass to speak of over by the fishing pier.

I also have a non-flashy bass boat that I have doctored up to make it fishable. Most co-anglers in my club don't complain about the trip in it either. I don't always drag it home to Steuebenville since it is 4 plus hours away from Cincy. I will take you up on that offer at some point. And I can always do they same if you get to come this way.

My folks live on the hill overlooking Harding Stadium, but I grew up out on Canton Road, just past Niedengard's. I hope to be in town the weekend of the CC vs. Indian Creek game since I went to both schools as a kid.

Eric

11. BornToFish

Ok, Yeah I though it was probably based on priority. I got to find a boater. I work about 5-10 minutes from Alum Creek, and I plan on pre-fishing in March. I have an older "BassHawk" I purchased last year, and it's usable now, but I'll be working to fully restore it in the coming months ahead. I fished a tournament at "Grand Lake" in 2000, and that's a pretty limited pattern. Canals,Canals,Canals!.lol. Lake Erie can be a little intimidating, but only if it's rolling hard. If it comes down to fish, or my life. I will choose my life. I haven't fished in tourney's for "5" yrs., but I never stopped fishing. I'm always learning, and I just love the sport.Later,Jonathan

12. Just from reading the article ThunderHawk posted, I like the new rule concerning the shared weight regulation. I didn't thinkit was fair that the co-angler got weight just for showing up. Now at least he has to catch fish. I am going to cinsider this series eventually.

Eric