Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took the evening trip with Fisherman's Warf on 6-6-07. Near Rattlesnake 24people took 144 fish by 8:30pm. Fish were on a 5-10 count using an assorment of Weapon colors. The wind blew later on but that only help the fishing I think. Here is a picture of just some of the fish. Both big coolers on the boat were overflowing.

Attachments

·
SMB and Saugeyes.
175 Posts
Sounds like a great time. I'm heading up there in a couple weeks... What colors / sizes were the major producers ?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Sounds like a great time. I'm heading up there in a couple weeks... What colors / sizes were the major producers ?
I was using a gold bladed(hammered) weapon the had a strip of orange on the blade and gold/orange beads. 5/8 oz egg sinker. But I noticed them being caught on all other colors too.

·
Registered
39 Posts
Great day Norm! I was on the lake with some buddies yesterday and was begging them to go to Rattlesnake but they refused to move. We drifted weight forwards in between PIB and Kellys and grinded out about 15 between 4 men (all day). It was only about a 20 minute boat ride to get to Rattlesnake.....frustration! Needless to say it was not my boat.

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I ran into that with a buddy on last Friday. I told him we should be out by the Intake and W.Sister but he wanted to try around A Can. Three of us only pulled 4 fish and lots of junk. Frustration is right. Oh well.

·
Registered
67 Posts
that's what I like to hear - even the head boats are doing 'em!
Way to go! Does Fisherman's Wharf run evening trips all summer?
Fishy1

·
Registered
344 Posts
yeah they run them up to sept. The boat leaves at 3 but def be there by 2 if u can. usually not as crowded on the night trips. It never hurts either to call a few days ahead and set a reservation......NIce catch Normd, it is a blast when u are just throwin the fish to the coolers......

·
Administrator
9,450 Posts
Good show buddy!

·
captainhook
1,028 Posts
I was using a gold bladed(hammered) weapon the had a strip of orange on the blade and gold/orange beads. 5/8 oz egg sinker. But I noticed them being caught on all other colors too.
Are you saying that you basically had an egg sinker, a swivel, and then the lure onto the swivel. Were you just letting it drift or were you working the rod up and down? Also, did you put any live bait on the lure?

·
Registered
1,769 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
After I counted down 5 to 10 I would pull then reel in the slack, pull then reel in the slack. Crawlers were used.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts