close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Awesome Saturday on the Tusc.

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Action, Jul 25, 2004.

1. Fished out of a canoe and caught a variety of good size fish. I only caught small fish on artificials. Broke out the big chubs and bingo. First fish was a big largemouth 4 1/2 pound. Next one was even bigger but I lost it when I went to grab it. Then I caught an 8lb bowfin followed by 2 smaller bowfin (3lb). If that wasn't enough I caught a 5.5lb saugeye and a 2 1/2 lb channel cat all out of the same hole. Also caught several smaller fish on crankbaits and buzzbaits. Biggest smallie only 13" for the day. All big fish caught while there was cloud cover around 9 - 10, after 11 it was hard fishing with little results.

2. Hey, with the lack of rain the past few weeks from all the flooding we had at the beginning of the summer, has the river level stayed down enough to shore fish? Last summer I went a lot around Rt 212 and in Navarre of Stark county but I didn't do that great. I should probably do some more river fishing from shore before the summer ends though.

Rob Tresino

3. The river is fine for bank fishing, the problem is lack of good access spots.

4. rockbass

rockbass Banned

That is one hell of a day Action! Wish I could do that good!

5. Now that you have a river boat, you'll find some honey holes.