Awesome Day on Erie

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Bassboy883, Nov 12, 2007.

1. Bassboy883

Bassboy883 Frog This

To start things off I had to work my 24 hour shift saturday so we got a late start. We got on the water about 11:30 and were targeting some smallmouth and after being :S for the first hour and a half we decided to go try for some largemouth when we happened to drive over an awesome looking spot that was holding the motherload. 14 on and 10 in the boat, 3 double headers and :B of 6-11, 5-10, 5-9, and 5-5. All in about 45 minutes or so. When we finally did go for the largemouth we ended up getting a descent number (20) and I caught my first 2 Steelies ever. It was an awesome day and goes down in my history book and one of the greatest days of fishing I've ever had. I'm still on cloud 9 about the 6-11 smallie I'm gonna get a replica made of it. 5 best smallies were close to 28 pounds!!!!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

2. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

sounds like a great day.

3. Days like that are few and far between for most of us. Congratulations on a great day of fishing!

4. Gju42486

Gju42486 Banned

awesome fish--smallies are a blast, we got into the good last year trolling for walleye around erie,pa. They wouldnt leave those deep jr thundersticks alone. I believe we boated 34 smallies and 19 walleye that day---Cant wait to maybe do it again next year.

5. That is the type day you dream about and will continue to remember for the rest of your life. :) How do you compare the steelhead fight versus the smallmouth fight?

6. Tee

Tee Team OGF

WOW! Congrats on your best day ever! Those are some quality fish! Days like that make up for all those 95+ degree day in the summer where your just trying to get 5 fish. Maybe I shouldn't winterize the boat just yet.... :D

Nice :B

7. Bassboy883

Bassboy883 Frog This

I had fun with both the smallies and the steelhead. I had to fight the steelies for about 5 minutes with the long runs and the absolute brute strength of these fish. They can be quite acrobatic too.

8. Bassboy883

Bassboy883 Frog This

I've had a few people ask me, we were drop shotting poor boys gobies in 20-22 fow.

9. BigDaddy300

BigDaddy300 multi species angler

Very nice fish indeed!!! I have to get back into the smallmouth fishing. I miss catching them.

10. MAKtackle

MAKtackle your REEL friend

So did Pierce catch them all??? I'm sure I'll hear stories... Nice :B

11. Bassboy883

Bassboy883 Frog This

no he didn't get em all I had 4 smallies, the 2 steelies and 7 or 8 of the largemouth. So yeah he caught more but I had more fun. He doesn't get excited about big smallies like I do.