Awefully quiet here-

Discussion in 'Hard Water Discussions' started by creekcrawler, Feb 13, 2008.

1. creekcrawler

creekcrawler Konfused Kayaker

Sure is quiet here. Does anyone think we'll have some ice for the weekend?
    I read the Metroparks is stocking Wallace, Shadow, Ledge & Judge Lake
    this week and last week.

:F :F :F

2. mrphish42

mrphish42 locators dont lie

Remains to be seen...... There's alot of water and slush under that last snow that fell........(depending on lakes location} after it changed to rain. Puts a tremendous amount of weight on what was not the best of ice... Man. I'm sure that all the Icer"s are chomping at the bit,to get out a few more times.. and the guys that bought new toy's ( to use in their efforts in out-smarting our "finny" friends} will be like a dog with a new bone......stark raven mad... if they dont get at least on more crack at it.... Use caution....be safe... Jon Sr.

3. Bassnpro1

Bassnpro1 OSU outdoorsman

That sums it up pretty well

4. bassmastermjb

bassmastermjb The Lucky One

To my surprise, I had a couple customers stop in yesterday evening for bait.They both said the ice they're fishing is 4".I suggest to wait till at least this weekend after all the rain we had yesterday.With the couple of inches of snow already on the ice, the weight of the slush would not make it very safe to be on............Mark

5. Oberlin had just under 2 inches of clear ice with a topping of slush, just got back from taking a look. I'm thinking MAYBE by Sunday Wellington may be ok.

6. I checked the Findlay reservoir yesterday , looked iced up but was decieving I stepped out and went thru the crusted over slush and into water. I cant imagine anyplace else being much different but maybe by this weekend who knows. Looke like its supposed to warm up again next wednesday. :(

7. I fished a small pond at Malabar Farm State Park today. Had about 3 inches of ice. Fish were not biting though. Only got 3 keeper gills. We did try a couple other ponds and none of them had good ice.

8. hardwaterfan

hardwaterfan Twinsburg, OH (NE OH, northern edge of Summit Co.)

saw about 4"-5" of decent clear ice with about 2" of white crusty crap on top yesterday. i dont think it all melted (from that last warm spell) off the ponds up here.