Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Fished Avon for a change of scenery Saturday eve/night. 2 guys, 4 rods took 3 or 4 on a chick. wing 2 setting 35 back 29-42 FOW before switching over to the night program. Anything clown was good after dark except a couple on blue/chrome/orange. Clown bomber took a 28 incher for the big fish of the night. Everything 20'-40' behind the boards.

Still amazed that these things can key on certain colors at night. Pulled a bare naked rip stick all night without a taker, a week ago that same plug took 8 out of 12 fish.

A huge thank you to Craig at Erie Outfitters for pointing me in the right direction (east of the plant) in the Avon area. And the new Beckman hook proof net bag he sold me ROCKS!! Not one moment of frustrating hook removal from net.

reo

·
the Susan Lucci of OGF
15,947 Posts
thats a good report, thanks.

i need to know how do i get to erie outfitters?? i desperatly need one of those beckman bags..NOW.. i almost threw my net overboard yesterday. i would be trying to untangle a fish/hook and we would have another fish ready to be netted. we lost a few yesterday because of that. i have a smaller handled beckman and it is sweet, but i love my 4 foot to 8 foot retractable handle. i just need the bag, what do they cost? ones i saw on line went as high as $60.00 thanks. id come warren, oh.

·
Registered
371 Posts
craig is a good dude. i first got to know him when he opened his shop and he has treated me well. i can talk down on a lot of people but he is one that i can't think of a bad thing to say about

·
Registered
1,346 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
i just need the bag, what do they cost? ones i saw on line went as high as $60.00 thanks. id come warren, oh.
I think it was $40 bucks. WELL worth every penny. This is my third or fourth
"hookproof" net bag, all but the beckman were jokes. This one actually works, and works well.

reo

1 - 10 of 10 Posts