Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
73 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Set lines about 6: 30 A.M. 30-35 FOW. Got two fish then 0. Made a move out deeper to about 45 ft. started marking better, set up and headed NE to deeper water. Doubles & trips kept me busy. Best baits were blue chrome, chrome huff daddy, and eriedescent. 65 back was the magic number overall, but 95 was hot for awhile with eriedescent. Speed around 1.9. Debris had thinned out, and bugs were tolerable.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Same here, started in Lorain and boxed a few and got tired of the crowd so moved down infront of the power plant. 46-52fow were great marks. They didn’t fire quick but a steady pick. 30/30 bandits were best for me. 1.8 sog

·
Registered
147 Posts
Glad you guys did well, goose egg for me out of avon today in 3 hrs fishing time. Worst ive done in 10 years easy.

Wardens were there when we were tying down, first thing he asked me was "did you do as bad as everybody else!" They had checked over 100 boats coming in (done and off the water) between vermillion and avon lake and had less than 5 who limited.

The young charter captain who came in right behind me limited he had a family out with kids that was really nice to see.

We used cranks for a while and then meat couldn't get anything going.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Thanks for the post FSZ. I thought I was the only one to get the Skunk today. I can’t remember the last time I struggled that much.

·
Registered
1,648 Posts
Dang !!! Well hopefully they play nicer tomorrow, taking my son along with my neighbor and his little boy! Thanks for the report RANGERTED!!

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
I fished the last 2 days at Avon . Didn't get to launch before 10:30 each day .

Did well both days from deep to shallow .
I ran P10s 50-60 each day and Bandits and flicker minnows 30-60 .

P10 in promise and Maui Waui and Bandit in Nitro shad did well . 2-2.3 for speed .

Yesterday I fished deep . Today I fished shallow . Had a white Lund almost wipe out my outside board at one point and had a ranger split between me and a big center console within 100 ft of both our outside boards despite there being plenty of room on either side .

Just one of those things , but I expect that from the jet skis and pleasure boats . Not other fishing boats.

·
Registered
147 Posts
Caron,

If you were out between 10-1 yesterday I think I saw some of the behavior you mentioned. But overall considering it was a holiday everybody else seemed to be playing nice.

·
Registered
141 Posts
Hey what FOW were you fishing? We caught half our limit on Memorial day before we had to quit at 10 am to get some work done. We fished 35 to 42 ft, some good marks high, but nothing was really hungry, and fish were scattered, not stacked. I am thinking im going to have to start circling back over feeding fish instead of setting the spread and running long straight runs.

·
Registered
65 Posts
Hey what FOW were you fishing? We caught half our limit on Memorial day before we had to quit at 10 am to get some work done. We fished 35 to 42 ft, some good marks high, but nothing was really hungry, and fish were scattered, not stacked. I am thinking im going to have to start circling back over feeding fish instead of setting the spread and running long straight runs.
Where I was... 45-46fow started with good marks. 44-40 fow was empty. I went out to 52fow with good marks but i turned around to go back through to finish up our limits.

·
Registered
3,068 Posts
Every day I fished last weekend I had to turn on fish and make multiple passes on the active biters to pull limits .

If you pop a couple drop a waypoint . If I go a bit without another fish I turn on them or pick up and reset if it's too choppy to turn out em and troll back thru

1 - 13 of 13 Posts