Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
2100 FishMaster
649 Posts
A buddy of mine just called about an hour ago, saying a friend ours got 100 and another got 40 in under 2 hours down at 55th and 72nd in the afternoon/evening. he didn't say what they were using, but would imagine...white twister tails and wiggle spoons, or rooster tails.

·
Registered
72 Posts
i was out at the power plant yesterday and was getting them pretty good. it wasnt every casts but i dont think i went more than three or four casts in a row without a hit. i was throwing twister tails behind an agitator. i was wading out off the beach by the breakwall.

·
Registered
72 Posts
im not sure what you mean, i remember charlies but it closed when i was like 8. i wasnt catching anything really big yesterday just like 8-9 inch ones

·
useless poster
8,806 Posts
we used to catch them back when the 2 places there rented boats. the plant breakwalls were always full of anglers. the average size was about 14 to 16 inches and you could catch them all day long. a lot has changed since they don't fire up the power plant very much. you could also get cats ,eyes and bass back in the discharge area. i used to always rent boats from those 2 places there.

·
Registered
72 Posts
we used to catch them back when the 2 places there rented boats. the plant breakwalls were always full of anglers. the average size was about 14 to 16 inches and you could catch them all day long. a lot has changed since they don't fire up the power plant very much. you could also get cats ,eyes and bass back in the discharge area. i used to always rent boats from those 2 places there.
they closed off access to the break walls quite a few years ago, now you either have to take a boat back there, wade out off the beach, or stand on the sandy hump behind the fence. There are still some big ones like that back there but i havent gotten any this year. We still do catch a lot of catfish back there and smallies but i have never heard of walleye being caught. Mabye they come in during the spring night bite? It seems like a lot has changed though in a pretty short period of time.

·
shakesbeard
455 Posts
a few years ago we were catching walleye pretty frequently off the pier, but the weather since hasnt really been good enough to get them to come in that close to shore. i dont think the water temps have been condusive to them coming close to shore, and last years massive baitfish explosion pretty much kept anything from hitting our baits.

ive been wanting to get back to the sandbar by the plant discharges again but last time we tried (couple weeks ago), the lake was high after the rain and it was too deep to wade in. hopefully the lake drops a little so that we can walk back in there again. the time that we did actually get in there, we heard lots of fish jumping and there was beach to walk on to get back in there.

im curious about the whitebass though. we were shining our flashlights against the water and the spotlight was scaring fish into jumping several feet into the air, in large schools. they looked to be white, and 8-10 inches long. i wonder if those were wb? i might have to get down there and wade out from the beach. how far out are you wading? how deep was the water on average?

T

·
Registered
72 Posts
a few years ago we were catching walleye pretty frequently off the pier, but the weather since hasnt really been good enough to get them to come in that close to shore. i dont think the water temps have been condusive to them coming close to shore, and last years massive baitfish explosion pretty much kept anything from hitting our baits.

ive been wanting to get back to the sandbar by the plant discharges again but last time we tried (couple weeks ago), the lake was high after the rain and it was too deep to wade in. hopefully the lake drops a little so that we can walk back in there again. the time that we did actually get in there, we heard lots of fish jumping and there was beach to walk on to get back in there.

im curious about the whitebass though. we were shining our flashlights against the water and the spotlight was scaring fish into jumping several feet into the air, in large schools. they looked to be white, and 8-10 inches long. i wonder if those were wb? i might have to get down there and wade out from the beach. how far out are you wading? how deep was the water on average?

T
you can wade out really far from the beach if you walk down to the powerplant. most people go out to about 3-4 feet of water to cast but that is alot farther out than you would think.

·
shakesbeard
455 Posts
what time were you fishing? i like going later at night because theres rarely anyone there and its nice and peaceful. however, that might not be the best time to fish though :)

1 - 17 of 17 Posts