Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys does anyone have the GPS numbers for the hump off of Avon Point or at least a way to get on top of it, looking to make a evening trip out of the Rocky and fish that till dark after work but do not know exactly where it is. Thanks guys if someone has the exact cords please let me know or e-mail me at [email protected]

·
Registered
367 Posts
hi gonefishin.

are you talking about the the reef right off of avon point? it's huge. if so, tell me , i think i have the numbers punched in on my gps in the boat, hope i didn't erase them. let me know and i'll look.
thanks pik-n-fin

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Yes that is the spot I am talking about if you could e-mail those cords or post them here that would be sweet.

·
Registered
153 Posts
fished the avon point area on sunday morn,from 47-15 ft ,dipsys, jets,worm drifting.caught tons of sheeps,non eyes. the actual hump is about 3/4 mile north of the point. it is 35 ft in 47 ft of water.I fish the ppoint area alot, usually the evening this time of year is good 25 ft to 15 ft in late evening using jet 20s or flatlining hot n tots with 1oz keel sinkers.people confuse the hump with the reef complex close to shore,good luck, lets us know how you do .

·
Registered
367 Posts
hi again K Gonefishin,

i found some of my numbers for part of that reef. N 41.31.907 W 082.00.184. if i remember correctly, that would be part of the northern part of the reef that drops off into that 40 plus feet like jrsfish is talking about. it's helpful to see a map of that reef, and even that won't do it justice. it's sort of a huge C and the numbers i gave you are only the tip of the iceberg. i don't use the gps there anymore because it's too big and complex a spot, it's easier get shoreline sightings and use buoys. basically there is a ridge that forms a C shape and it's deeper on the inside of the ridge and deeper still on the outside. the fish might be on it, on the edge of it or off it on the flats. great spot also for smallmouths. sometimes it's helpful to concentrate on the upcurrent side of the reef. especially with a north or northeast wind. don't forget also that a lot of times the water between the rocky river and the point is hot this time of year and probably holds enough walleyes to sink a battleship.

good luck and i'd appreciate it if you'd let me know how it went,

pik-n-fin

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Hey thanks alot guys I may hit this area this weekend, I got this fish monday night by the rocky river. I took the numbers down, do you know where I can find a map of this hump.

Attachments

·
useless poster
8,805 Posts
k, get your v h f yet. i was out monday eve talking 9on the radio to a guy drifting rocky river. we only got one, drifting. and lost one ast night ,trolling

·
Bit by Musky bug
8,446 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
No but the guy who I am going out with tonight has one do you monitor channel79 still I will holla at ya. I am going to fish rr area a new spot I found out about by a fellow OGF guy and gold coast. I am getting a radio the weekend of the 25th along with another boat 19ft wellcraft...never mind I don't think we are going to go the radar looks like hell itself

1 - 9 of 9 Posts