Ohio Game Fishing banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well decided to give Avon another shot and we didn’t get our limit, but we ended up with 10. 8 were quality fish with 2 being FO, 2 25, 4 over 20. I wanted to head out where I had success last week but surprisingly marks were sparse between 40-46’ so probably worked out better because lake ended up getting pretty choppy by the time we finished up. Are areas of best success was in front of the windmill west to the condos and then back East in a zig zagging pattern between 32-38 feet with very good marks. 90-100 leads with bandits sunspot, blue chrome, fruit dots, and humble bee catching our fish. Sunspot caught the 2 big ones. Speed was 2.2 until winds picked up,and heading East we was 2.5-3.0 just to make headway back to ramp and landed 3 just west of ramp in 32. I said last week I was heading back to Cleveland, but partner asked to hit Avon so we’re going to actually hit it again tomorrow. Bugs were pretty bad for the brief time there was no wind, but died out once the wind picked up

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
What/where are the windmills that you're using as reference points?

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
Thanks Snapper!

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
6/19 Avon report started out with a flurry in shallow west right out of launch in front of the first apartment complex 32’ 1 keeper, 1 lost, 1 short. I thought it was gonna be a nice quick day in shallow, and continued west and picked up a FO on a fruit dot bandit at 90 back and that was it trolling to condos past windmill. Luckily at the condos a blue Lund came up to us and signal me to answer my radio and told us to head out to the dumping grounds it was on fire, and he was right fishfinder was lit up. We got 2 quick ones on dipsy 1/55 chicken wing, 2 on bandits 1 at 120 unassisted, and 1 20/120 sunspot,and blue chrome. Ended up getting a few more on bite me stinger 3/80, and ended up with 11 because of my bad count, but better than 13 and a fine. Thanks again to whoever you were in the Blue Lund
Fish Fish Fishing Bass Fisherman

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
When you say dumping grounds, I take it that you're referring to the Lorain Dump?
Excellent report.
I'm happy to meet you some time. I fish a blue Crestliner Fishhawk 1750 pulled by a blue Chevy Colorado. I typically launch out of Miller Road.
I'm hoping to be out Friday afternoon and possibly Saturday AM....depending on the schedule of some buddies. Will probably run some combo of bottom bouncers and bandits.....unless I hear otherwise.
Thanks again for the report/info. Hope to run into you some time.

Reactions: boozer

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
going out Friday can u tell me where dumping grounds are thanks
Dumping grounds are in Lorain, not exactly ideal situation launching from Avon to go there, but I did it and wasn’t terrible. I really think if you launch Avon and head out to 50+ water and head west(either way) you’ll pull fish. Very good marks out there.

·
Registered
401 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
When you say dumping grounds, I take it that you're referring to the Lorain Dump?
Excellent report.
I'm happy to meet you some time. I fish a blue Crestliner Fishhawk 1750 pulled by a blue C
hevy Colorado. I typically launch out of Miller Road.
I'm hoping to be out Friday afternoon and possibly Saturday AM....depending on the schedule of some buddies. Will probably run some combo of bottom bouncers and bandits.....unless I hear otherwise.
Thanks again for the report/info. Hope to run into you some time.
Thanks and yes Lorain dumping grounds. It was the first time I fished out there. I previously fished in near the hot waters launch area a couple weeks ago which made only 2 times for me in Lorain. I’m typically a Cleveland area fisherman, but have been to Miller Rd a few times. Just my opinion,but since I’ve been an ogf member, and meeting more Lake Erie fishermen may and June it seems Avon to Lorain have a lot of big fish and certainly holds true for myself. 2 years ago I had a 5 FO day off the point in Avon. I may be back up Friday so I’ll keep a lookout for you.

·
Registered
1,391 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts