close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Autopilot Question

Discussion in 'The Lounge' started by Big_Boy, Nov 21, 2007.

1. What Raymarine Auto Pilot for Steering Cable boats would you reccomend????

I have a Wellcraft with an out board that I need an autopilot on. Also, it MUST have a MNEA Output. THanks is advance

2. ezbite

ezbite the Susan Lucci of OGF

im pretty sure you must have hydraulic steering to install an autopilot. ive never seen one for cable steering. i tore out my cable steering and installed a sea star hydraulic system this last spring. it was pretty easy to do.

3. Look At West Marine ,they Have Them .or Call Raymarine Customer Service .

4. ezbite

i was wrong. raymarine does have somekind of auto pilot for cable steering. hum, learn something new everyday:D

5. Could you provide a link of the Steering Cable AutoPilot??? I know they used to make a Sportfish model that went under the Steering Wheel. But, Boaters Would told me that they dont make those anymore. Thanks

6. ezbite

www.westmarine.com

do a search for auto pilot. you will get 4 pages and page 3 is where i saw the cable one. im pretty sure it was for an I/O. but there was some other things too on that page. just keep looking. guess i should have thought before i posted. they make just about anything for boats now days.:eek:

7. cw261

cw261 Member

Send a PM to Freebyrd - I'm pretty sure he is still a Raymarine rep and can answer all your questions.

8. Keith R

Keith R One On The Turn

I have the Raymarine sport Pilot on my boat. Monark King 190. When I bought it Vic's Sports Center said that was the last one, but I was just there with my boat and they said they are going to bring them back. Not sure if that is true, but that's what they told me.

Keith