Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was in an accident last week and have a SafeAuto agent coming to inspect my car tomorrow and appraise the damages. Just curious if anyone has been involved in a accident with a SafeAuto customer and how long did it take to receive a check to cover repairs after the inspection/appraisal? SafeAuto has already accepted liability and now just need to see my damages.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Ohub Campfire mobile app

·
Original OGF Staff member and owner
13,405 Posts
they may write you a check when he comes out. Some insurance company are doing that to help the owner get it repaired faster.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
they may write you a check when he comes out. Some insurance company are doing that to help the owner get it repaired faster.
That's what my insurance company does. My car is still drivable but every part of my front end except passenger fender needs replaced and drivers side door even needs painted now that it rubs on fender.

·
Registered
247 Posts
I had an insurance agent come to my work, look at my car and cut me a check right there. Did you take your car to a local body shop for a quote to make the repairs needed so you know you're getting a fair price from the Safeauto agent?

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
I had an insurance agent come to my work, look at my car and cut me a check right there. Did you take your car to a local body shop for a quote to make the repairs needed so you know you're getting a fair price from the Safeauto agent?
No, but I've priced all the major parts. Just don't have the labor and painting costs figured. But do have a number for parts from Ford and cheaper parts from various suppliers.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
how old is it. how many miles,, they may just total it

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
how old is it. how many miles,, they may just total it
Its an 02 and it has round 170,000 on it. I was actually thinking that about it after checking the parts prices. Will them totaling it cost me my truck?

·
Registered
247 Posts
Sometimes you can buy it back. Cheap. But you'll be looking at a car payment for something new unless you fix your truck or have another vehicle.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
I really dont know, but, for some reason I thought you had the option of making them fix it instead of totaling it. Nothing to back that statement up. dont give up hope yet.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I don't think its bad enough to be totaled. but with the high end of prices I'm at about $2000 just in parts....but that's actual Ford parts for that total. I bought my truck for $6000 cash a year and a half ago. Thinking I may be ok.

·
Registered
5,138 Posts
My son had a 2001 Mustang and he was back ended bout year ago. His passenger was hurt, not seriously, and my son was fine. But the insurance company paid him more then what he paid for the car. Considerably more. So might not be a bad thing if they do total it. Just saying..

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
He's here now at work doing his after looking at it "paperwork" ,curious to see how much tho. He seems a little hoity toity. And has been on the phone almost my whole break.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Well check is in the mail. It was a fair price. Guy even said they were almost to to the amount that would've totaled it.

·
Registered
707 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
How bad is the damage? Can you still drive the car? Unless it was hit at your work I assume you can still drive it.
Its still drivable. My headlights need adjusted or replaced but they both work but are crooked. Every body piece on my front end has sone sort of damage tho.

1 - 19 of 19 Posts