close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

August 2ed lmr turnament

Discussion in 'Southwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Sleprock, Jul 26, 2008.

1. Sleprock

Sleprock fishing cabrewer

anyone wanna fish for money next saturday? i am putting up my $10 and my
    $5 big fish money and I am am fishing from lmr millbridge launch in bellbrook to the spring valley access. i am planning to leave the millbridge launch at 6:00 am and pulling out at 6:00 pm. if you think thats to much time you are nuts. have never fished this float in under ten hours. shouldnot see a rental canoe for at least the first 6 hours i figure!! then the traffic is not as bad as down south.

well thats it all else i got to say is bring it, pack a lunch, pack a snack, bring a cooler with bubbles 3 fish limit 10" minimum , and be ready to fish all day!!!

slep out

2. fshnteachr

fshnteachr Lovin' the Outdoors

I am definately interested in joining you. I will have to see if I am good to go next Saturday. Will let you know later in the week. What's the float like down that way? Good water?

3. Sleprock

well i have floated this strech about five or six times and never have been able to fish all the holes i wanted in 10 hours or less. the floods this winter and spring have changed some of the configurations of the way the river flowed. it is a long strech be prepared.

4. LMRsmallmouth

LMRsmallmouth LMR Master Angler

I cant make it up there by 6:00am, 2 far and 12 hrs alittle long for me on wife's day off...lol, I will catch the next one. I could have done the evening trip but cant make that trip

5. Sleprock

i understand about the time, i am starting at 6:00 am so i can get a shot at fishing all the holes i miss everytime i float this. to be clear this float will take a long time if your fishing it always takes me a while

6. How Long Is This Section? Is It A Deep Section Or Lots Of Riffles?

7. Sleprock

its 5 miles but its very curvy

mix of water none over probably 10 ft

ok maybe i fish slow can i get more players if we go 7:00 am

to 4:30 pm

can i get somemore gamers

i tellya its longer than it looks

canoes start at 9:00 am(rentals)

8. redtailmatt

redtailmatt Member

I'll fish with ya slep. I have not seen that water but have wanted to fish it. I'll shoot ya a pm for details later today. Matt

9. Sleprock

please put your name in the hat by friday 6:00 pm if interested

oh yeah signing in slep going solo most probably

one more thing i will be at put in at 6:00 am so if ya need me to watch your boat its cool just don't leave money lololol

on second tought do leave money hahahaha

10. fshnteachr

Is the plan Saturday 7:00 to 4:30, Wahington Mill Rd. to Spring Valley?

11. redtailmatt

redtailmatt Member

I would not mind a little earlier start time myself. We will get a good head start on the canoers. It is also supposed to be a hot one outside, starting earlier may get us on the fish longer before the sun drives them down. Just my thoughts. 6:15-6:30 is or so?

12. I wanna go!!!!! I doubt if I will make it. My foot is still sore and could easily be re-injured. So i would be wise to skip this one. I have therapy this afternoon and will see what the therapist thinks.

13. this sounds fun, but I have never fished LMR and not sure if my jon boat would be good for this? what do you guys use on the float?

14. fshnteachr

I am in. Looking forward to the float. I do think we need to solidify our times, a lot of different times have been thrown out there on this thread. I think earlier is better to beat canoers. Also, as hot as it is going to be, is the river going to be all that productive from 1-4ish? Just a thought. 6:00-2:00 may be nice and shorten the distance. Take out at Little Miami Reserve Launch?? (saw it on the map, I have never floated this stretch) That is a 5+ mile float according to the map.

Ideas?? I am up for anything though, I have all day.

15. LMRsmallmouth

LMRsmallmouth LMR Master Angler

.....whatever happened to the evening float...lol I could have made that one!

16. Sleprock

I am suggesting earlier times because 1. have floated this several times and there is always more river than time. 2. there is good water at the start and veryone needs a chance to hit it before the rentals start. 3. i belive alonger time is nessasary for this run. its longer than it looks. its distance is 5 miles but it paddles like 10 miles. last time i fished this stretch i was 12 hours and still missed holes. 4. the rentals are not as heavy as down south but they are spaced out 1 hour at a time.

i think that if everyone could be ready to float by 6:30 that would be great.
    we could aim for a 4:30 - 5:00 take out.

hey lmr smallmouth don't you know man "the freaks come out at night"

i changed everything kevin because of renters!! they really are lighter up here i belive,. plus i need an advantage. you can make it I know you can!!!

next float will be gmr!!

so there i made it 6:30 to 4:45 give or take 15 minutes.

also looking for transporters for cars watch for p.m.s

yep fishteacher the take out is right before 42 bridge.

17. I am going to skip this one. Although if I do not get out in the big boat, I will probably try to show up at the take-out. It is only about 5 miles from the house. I might see you guys there with all them LMR smallies I am sure you will catch. They are really hitting good. Just depends how the rain treats the river.

18. fshnteachr

What a great day on the LMR!! We had a blast floating for 11 hours or so fishing, hanging out talking and watching ca-brewers. RedTailMatt won the bigfish tourney with a smallie weighing approx. 2lbs. Sleprock and myself caught 1.53 and 1.51 lb. smallies respectfully. ZFishman had a nice smallie at around a pound. Good to meet you Zman.

We even saved a few "distressed" canoers. That is code for drunk guys. Sleprock saves something everytime he is on the river. Last time deer, this time ca-brewers. A surprise was Matt catching a saugeye (or sauger, I always get them confused, check the pic.)

Great time! I had a blast and am looking forward to the next one!

[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

19. Sleprock

well I can't claim credit for saving anything today.

matt was first to jump in and save both sets of stranded canoers.(intoxicated paddlers)

I believe the fish gods took his actions and rewarded him with deserved good luck.

heres another version of the story.

first fish went to fshteacher with his big fish a half hour into float
    he held lead for about 3 to 4 hours, i nabbed a little bigger fish on the back half of a pool matt and zfishman were fishing. well i was feeling pretty good about fish and was feeling no pain if you get my drift. matt catches a small keeper that lifts his sprits. so about 5 hours in I got big fish and the renters start to show themselfs.

well we grouped up on a bend to let canoers pass and (keep reading cant figure out pics in editing)

20. Sleprock

[​IMG][​IMG]

two lady paddlers dump in front of us.

matt jumped into action pulled ladies and canoe in and drained there canoe for them. what a guy!!!

all i did was charge a rescue fee(a beer for matt and myself).

well after a few minutes of some disscussion about what just happened here comes the other boat in truble and two guys dump.

well after matt recognizes that these young men(drunk teens) can't help themselfs in he goes again. once again he dumps there canoe for them.

once again i charge a three beer fee for the trouble.

on top of all that MR. AWSOME (matt) pulls a saugeye in. no big deal you say?

we were fishing well above cc and i have never cought, seen or heard of a saugeye in these waters.

so after all the heroics matt pops a 1.8 lb smallie to take the lead. was he done?

No MR. AWSOME pulls in another nice smallie the biggest of the day.

Good job matt you are a great representative of ogfc.

Also would like to point out that the elder statesman of the day zfishman really put us all in our place today.after 10 and a half hours of fishing, putting up with myself, paddling upstream more than once, he tells us hes gotta take of to go play softball. Zfishman you are also a great rep for ogfc. you missed out on the MR. AWSOME AWARD by one little saugeye.