Auglaize river

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by sillysmallies, Jun 18, 2007.

1. Caught these two smallies on the Auglaize. The bottom one is just over 16 in.:B

Attached Files:

2. Just kind of curious what area of the auglaize do you fish (county) i live in auglaize county and the river runs right behind my property and offers some real good smallmouth fishing. My personal best is 16" and they are a blast to catch.

Joe

3. jmenchhofer

jmenchhofer 'eye addict

Beautiful fish! I haven't fished the Auglaize yet this year, but I've been wanting to. I also am curious what area you were in. I used to fish near Wapakoneta, and also up around Buckland a few times. Caught a lot of 12 and 14" fish, and yes, the are a BLAST to catch!

4. I caught them in Auglaize county West of Wapak off of glynwood

5. BornWithGills

BornWithGills Alaskan Assassin

Nice fish. But seriously, why keep smallies?

6. Are they safe to eat out of the auglaize river?

I fished the auglaize river in the middle of wapak a long time ago. All I caught was trash- mitten and sweater. At least they weren't on a body, LOL.

7. My Grandma and Grandpa love to eat them and since they do not fish anymore, I give them a few every summer.

8. Both of thos e smallies are nice let me know when you go next will hook up and roll out! 419 -204-5929 jamie