Ohio Game Fishing banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Best day we have had yet this year. My buddies and had to of caught over 50 fish tonight. One fish was a solid 3lber

·
Registered
67 Posts
I've fished the river twice now since the leak and haven't noticed a whole lot of change really. Maybe I just went on 2 good days but the numbers have been about the same and I've actually got a couple bigger ones that were rare before. Not saying the leak helped by all means but I haven't seen much change

·
Registered
703 Posts
The leak happened east of Wapak some distance. It happened I think 3 years ago when the city had the water down as far as possible due to repairs they were performing on a bridge. The fact that the water was down caused the amount of contaminant to cause a huge problem. Thousands of fish died. They filled up truck after truck after truck of dead fish from "behind town" Wapak where the cement curve is, across from the launch ramp.

·
Registered
1,248 Posts
The leak happened east of Wapak some distance. It happened I think 3 years ago when the city had the water down as far as possible due to repairs they were performing on a bridge. The fact that the water was down caused the amount of contaminant to cause a huge problem. Thousands of fish died. They filled up truck after truck after truck of dead fish from "behind town" Wapak where the cement curve is, across from the launch ramp.
That would make sense. Yeah I remember when they drew it down. I didn't know the side effects. I wonder if that's why I can't get any fish over 15'' around here. They are just not old enough yet. Maybe they'll continue to grow. But you would figure some would come from upstream as well.

Has anyone got into any bigger fish this year? Mine are mostly dinks.

·
Registered
28 Posts
the spill he's talking about happened between Harrison street and Water street. I have actually pulled out 5 SMB between 15" and 19" in the last 2 weeks around this area though.

·
Registered
703 Posts
I've seen more people fishing the river this year than I have the previous 10 years combined. Not sure what the hell is going on...

·
Registered
10 Posts
I fish Auglaize out by 67 and have constantly caught 15-20 inch SMB every time..along with the smaller ones when I take out my yak. I have also got into some bigger crappie in a few 4ft + holes.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts