close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Auglaize river Power Dam

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Mr. Catfish, Apr 14, 2004.

1. Mr. Catfish

Mr. Catfish A catfish in human form

Went down to the Power dam around 4:30 this evening.The crappie were biting pretty good, I cought 12 crappie ranging from 8 to 11 1/4 inches.Also caught a 15 inch largemouth and 3 drum.All were caught on minnows below a bobber.

2. Mr Cat, I'm from St Marys and fish the Auglaize, wheres the power dam? Never heard of it. I mostly fish the Auglaize around Wapak and St Marys for smallies.

3. Mr. Catfish

It's about 5 miles up river from Defiance.Near Defiance and Paulding county line.

4. Never tried there, is it wadable?

5. Mr. Catfish

Yes it's wadable, all but right where the turbines are thats 30 feet deep.I use to catch alot of smallmouth in the fall but haven't fished for the in 8 or more years.I'll be there again today so I will post my results here.

6. Mr. Catfish

Went down to the dam today around 3:30 till 6:30.I caught 40 crappie, nothing big averaged around 9inches.Also caught three small channel cats and one drum.Sure was fun even though I was alone.

7. must be nice to slam them crappie like that ive been trying to catch them for a few years now only caught a few and i just dont seem to get my pole set up right to present the bait and ive never used lures for them something im going to try this weekend.