close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

auglaize crappie

Discussion in 'Northwest Ohio Fishing Reports' started by larry2473, Oct 26, 2004.

1. larry2473

larry2473 nw ohio flatheads

I was just wondering if anyone has fished it for crappies? I have only caught small ones 6 to 9 inches kind of unusual auglaize river defiance & paulding county

2. I have picked up many over 1# in there! I had one last fall snap my rod, that one was close to 3#. I cant tell you exactly where but it was in Wapakoneta! Ive gotten some smallies and nice rockbass as well.

3. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

When travelling over that river last year I wondered what types of fish it contained. I didn't see anyone fishing and it was a beautiful fall day.

- Jim

4. sowbelly101

sowbelly101 Keep'n It Reel

use to catch alot of them on the downside of the damn behind the fire station in fort jennings..in fact i think this is where i caught my first crappie.

sowbelly

5. i have fished this river for several years around the wapak, lima,spencerville areas. i caught small mouth up to 3 pounds along large mouth, rockbass,crappie,carp,catfish.it a pretty good river to fish and relax ,not alot of people fish it so the peace and quite is truely golden. if ya ever want to try it with your ultra light let me know.

Bub

6. Ruminator

Ruminator TeamOGF

Thanks for the open invitation Bub. Do you guys know if there are any launch ramps near Lima?

7. larry2473

I just started catching some descent crappies couple weeks ago but they let the river down 9 foot were i was fishing at was gone no water now it is to high and real muddy

8. no problem on the invite anytime. the section of river i fish you pretty much have to wade it . you could put a canoe in and be ok.as far a sramps go i`m not sure if there are any for the auglaze around lima. maybe countryKat can help you out there i think he lives in lima.

9. There is a ramp in Wapak behind town. I wouldnt reccomend putting a boat in wapak area though. To shallow and crap in the water everywhere. Glenn

10. larry2473

I live in melrose towards the end of auglaize where meets the maumee there are boat ramps around here most people dont fish for a lot but there is alot of nice largemouths and if you go up river there are a few shallow spots where I have got tired catch tons of smallmouth and there are crapie to go below the dam nice flathead dont catch alot above the damm though

11. larry2473

the auglaize around lima is pretty shallow for the most part