close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Audio Drivers

Discussion in 'Computing & Gaming Discussions' started by CountryKat, Dec 15, 2004.

1. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

I have a Soyo Dragon 600 Ultra motherboard and I can not get my on-board audio to work so I can watch the videos that often come up. NO SOUND at all, anytime. I tried to find the audio drivers that I need but have come up empty. The sound is enabled in my bios and I know my speakers work. I have no need for a sound card. Does anyone happen to have the drivers for this or able to find them. I was at the Soyo site until almost 4 am this morning with no luck on my downloads.
    HELP :confused:

2. is there a setting on the bios that enables sound?
    and has it worked in the past??
    fish4wall

3. Is the Audio cable from source to mobo conected properly? Just a thought. Oh, nevermind your probably refering to online videos?.

4. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

Yes there is a setting in the bios and yes it has worked in the past. I just can't find my audio driver disk that allows it to work.

No need for an audio cable from the CD because I don't play music with it. It is just for on-line videos and audio.

5. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

I bet I looked at this page for 2 hours last night. When I try to install the audio drivers, it's telling me that the audio is disabled, It's not. :mad:
    I know it's something simple, thats the frustrating part about it.

Guess it's time to get a sound card.

6. That's really strange. I hate it when computers do that. You're right, it's probably something simple and you'll spend hours trying to figure it out. Unless you need real high quality audio, the sound card may be cheaper solution.

7. CountryKat

CountryKat Fish On!!!

Thanks for your help. Off to office depot. ;)