close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Auction

Discussion in 'Hot Deals' started by Hetfieldinn, May 19, 2005.

1. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I heard that Manda's Bait in Akron has closed their doors, and will be auctioning off all of their inventory at 9 am on June 20th.

They had a lot of lures, electronics, rods and reels, so you might be able to get some killer deals.

2. Het,

What is the address of Manda's Bait, please?

Thanks,
    Tom

3. crappiebub

crappiebub Justcrazy's Guide!

Mandas Boating Electronics & Fishing Tackle
    947 Portage Lakes Drive
    Akron

4. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

That's too bad.
    I remember going in there for a quick dozen worms and Mr. Manda talking your ear off for almost 2 hours. No matter what you did trying to get out the door to go fishing, it just wouldn't work.
    I 'll also never forget the black and white picture of Mr. Manda catching that big tarpon in his younger days.
    I heard they were trying to sell the business after Mr. Manda died for over a million $.

5. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Agreed. Saying that Jack liked to chat a bit is the biggest understement in the universe.

After about a half hour, I was looking around the place for a length of rope.

6. Yeah, Jack was talker, for sure!
    How many True Temper Unispins did he sell you folks??...He sold me a couple..I may still have one gathering dust somewhere around here.
    Mike

7. Mr.Bass.

Mr.Bass. Banned

Maybe I should have read this post before creating a new thread in the bait shop discussion. lol lol

8. Trying to find more info. Does anyone know what auction company is doing this?

Thanks

9. bassn317

bassn317 Casual Fisherman

The Tru Temper Unispin was my most favorite rod and reel I ever had. The was my 1st fishing pole that my dad bought me when I was around 7-8 years old. It was stolen out of my car when we lived in columbus and I was 27-28 years old. That was a very depressing day. I always look for a deal on one but they are very expensive to buy if you can find one.

10. Lewzer

Lewzer Powderfinger

I was going to mention those reels but I didn't remember the name of them. I never bought one.

A good way to really get him going was to tell him "I can't reel with my left hand" or "As soon as you have a left handed version, I'll buy one"

RIP Mr. Manda...

11. I checked it out yesterday and I stayed home. There was way too much stuff that I would have wanted and cannot really afford right now. Tons and Tons of great stuff.

Scott