close

Privacy guaranteed - Your email is not shared with anyone.

Auction at Mosquito Lake

Discussion in 'Northeast Ohio Fishing Reports' started by Hetfieldinn, Oct 27, 2004.

1. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

Pikie Bay campground on Bazetta Rd will be auctioning off all of their inventory this coming saturday at 10 a.m.

Up for auction will be 17 14' deep v boats, 13 outboard motors (7-9.9hp), a Kubota tractor, and tons of other stuff (tools, and whatever else is left in the baitshop). You might be able to get a decent boat and motor for a couple hundred bucks.

The auction is at the Pikie Bay campground, 1 mile north of the intersection of rt 88 and Bazetta rd.

2. I can't get over there but if you can get me one for a couple hundred bucks I will be over next week to pick it up.:D

My father-in-law has talked for a while about getting himself a small setup and that would be the perfect way to do it. I imagine the place will be hopping on Saturday.

3. Does anybody know terms? Will they accept cash down and balance on Monday? Thanks.

4. Does anyone know the address of the auction - Pikie Bay Campground??? Thanks in advance!

5. I am sorry. Does anyone know what time it starts as well as the address there? Thanks a lot!

6. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

It starts at 10 am

Campground is located 1 1/2 miles north of rt 88 on Bazetta road.

There is a little greasy spoon/baitshop called Monty's at the corner of 88 & Bazetta Rd.

I'm not sure of the terms. I think it is cash at time of sale on the smaller stuff. On the real estate, it is 20% down at time of sale, with balance due within 45 days.

7. Anybody go on Sat., 10/30 to this auction? How were the deals? Any boats left not sold? I was hoping to go but couldnt make it out there. Thanks.

8. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

I went. I have a camper there so I am/was interested in the future of the campground.

Here's how it went. They auctioned the whole kit and kaboodle off first (bait shop, real estate, boats and motors ie:everything)

Then they auctioned off everything else separately. Whichever brought the most money, that's who got the stuff.

So, if you won the auction on a piece, but the kit and kaboodle number was higher than everything auctioned separately, you didn't get it.

Here's what happened. Two guys were bidding the whole deal as a turnkey operation. The whole thing sold for $128,000.

Then they piece meal auctioned everything else. I bid on, and won, a nice 14' boat and a very nice 7.5 hp Mercury motor for $180. About three quarter way through the piece meal part, the auctioneer stated that there was no way that with the rest of the stuff left, that they were going to go above $128,000, so they stopped the auction, and the gentleman won everything for $128,000, and I didn't get the boat and motor. He got the whole shebang.

9. That sounds crazy to run the auction that way. I have heard of them doing auctions that way where you are talking about a few items but if they were selling that much stuff it seems ridiculous to put everyone through the whole exercise just to go back to the total bid.:rolleyes: I can't believe that an auctioneer would put himself in a situation like that by call "game over".:confused:

10. freyedknot

freyedknot useless poster

sounds like the FIX was in.little green fell towards the auctioneer!!! auctioneers work off comission!!

11. Anyone know who the auctioneer/auction compony was?

Scott

12. CLICK HERE to see the auction listing. The auction was held on 10/30.

Scott

13. Out here in amish country they have farm auctions like that when they are busting up farms.they sell apc. at a time then sell in totality. the big money[banks,lottery winners? et al.] just wait then bid 1.00 more than total and walk away with just one bid!!they let the little guy set the price,then bid. :(

14. Hetfieldinn

Hetfieldinn Staff Member

The auctioneer made it clear before the auction that that was the way it was going to be done. His interest was to see that the seller got the highest dollar amount for his stuff. I'm sure he was paid a percentage, so they both made out better.

15. Hetfieldinn,

That stinks - I am sure you were upset after winning such a sweet deal! After hearing that, I am glad I did not go!